Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.12.10, 01:14 PM   #11
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^If so, that's pretty shady business practice by EMI. They could have released one disc of unreleased tracks and have 100000 people buy it, instead of releasing one boxset and have only 10000 people buy it.
Old 2012.12.10, 01:32 PM   #12
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Unless my reading skills are off, there is going to be a new song on the extra disc.

Dear God, EMI. Just let this band die.
Old 2012.12.10, 03:55 PM   #13
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
^If so, that's pretty shady business practice by EMI. They could have released one disc of unreleased tracks and have 100000 people buy it, instead of releasing one boxset and have only 10000 people buy it.
Collector's items brah...

When exactly is Ringo's 15th anniversary? I need to know so I can take out a new mortgage :-p
Old 2012.12.10, 05:43 PM   #14
Lock

Lock is headed in the right direction

A proper DOMESTIC! Virgin Line BD/DVD edition is more needed than this, IMO.
Old 2012.12.10, 05:53 PM   #15
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Dear God, EMI. Just let this band die.
This is the best part of a band's career to the record conglomeration! They don't have to foot the bill for any more studio time or any live shows. Just pay a couple of guys to scrape the bottom of the barrel, do a slight ad blitz and its gravy!
Old 2012.12.10, 06:15 PM   #16
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Lock View Post
A proper DOMESTIC! Virgin Line BD/DVD edition is more needed than this, IMO.
Has anyone considered that DOMESTIC! Virgin Line isn't really all that good, save for a few performances? And it's redundant to release it along with JCHI.
Old 2012.12.10, 09:37 PM   #17
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
We got Ringohan and Spa & Treatment on DVD years after they were recorded, and there was an even longer delay between the recording and the release of Zazen Ecstasy. There's no technical reason why they couldn't release at least a DVD of DOMESTIC! Virgin Line. Even if we weren't talking about a Blu-Ray, a DVD could still be 100x better than the bootleg.

Just Can't Help It may have had Shoujo Robot and Honnou, but everything else about DOMESTIC! Virgin Line was better.
Old 2012.12.11, 01:18 AM   #18
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

I only physically own Singer's Luck, Education, Adult, Heisei Fuuzoku and the Kono yo single, but I the book off here has most of the albums for 10-15 bucks each. I think I'd much rather just buy those :/ The concerts are cool and all but the band is no longer together and the only JUST broke up. When some kid in 2018 finds out about the band and wants to get all their shit, this looks great- but it's not even like they would print enough to entertain the idea. Even then, I think things will be much easier for them to find on youtube by that time.

It took me almost 2 yrs to find every Omoide in My head and that wasn't even worth the search, only II mattered :/
Old 2012.12.11, 01:22 AM   #19
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

wanky band reunited for a few hours to take the liner note photos and cover for this. damn them.
Old 2012.12.11, 02:49 AM   #20
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
wanky band reunited for a few hours to take the liner note photos and cover for this. damn them.
Tokyo Jihen Phase 3: The Search for More Money
Closed Thread