Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.17, 03:56 PM   #131
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
I forgot that "Maruno" at Ringo EXPO was a recorded version playing during the credits roll, and not live.

@Orenji: I think what Glath meant was that what they'll include in Sanmon Gossip isn't a live recording, but actually the recorded (studio) version they were playing for the audience. Shiina Ringo wasn't even at the stage during that, if I remember correctly what Maou said.
Oh, I see!! I didn't know that! I thought she came back to the scenario again after Yokyou (which I didn't understand, actually, haha!)!!

Oh, now I think Glath's theory is much more probable than any other one. I hope he's right *_*.
Old 2009.04.17, 04:08 PM   #132
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Good theory. But if I'm not wrong, someone said she and Ukigumo sang the song togehter, didn't they? Or maybe it was just their voices recorded or something... I hope you're right and what we'll get will be a kind of studio/live mix.
Shinji remembers correctly. The end roll version was a new studio recording playing over the credits. I didn't hear Ukigumo singing at all. It might have been during the chorus, but I can't recall it. SG's version will be exactly what we heard at the live.
Old 2009.04.17, 04:11 PM   #133
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Shinji remembers correctly. The end roll version was a new studio recording playing over the credits. I didn't hear Ukigumo singing at all. It might have been during the chorus, but I can't recall it. SG's version will be exactly what we heard at the live.
Okay, now I can officially say that I'm overexcited with this release, hahaha! I love DEATH JAZZ ver. so I cannot complain about anything by now!
Old 2009.04.17, 04:35 PM   #134
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm excited too. I don't have anything against the two old songs except the fact that I've heard Maru way too much, but it'll be nice to hear a studio version.
Old 2009.04.17, 04:48 PM   #135
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

JR's take on new album: will assume its crap until she hears a single that convinces her otherwise. Secretly wants to be proven wrong.

But thank you for the news zarya!!!

*goes back listening to hypnotic brass ensemble*
Old 2009.04.17, 04:49 PM   #136
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I agree with whoever complained earlier: reading through this topic makes me feel sick and faint. HITOCOOCHIE JAZZ DEATH WHATEVER! Big deal.

Lots of new songs, yay! I look forward to hearing it, and I hope the older songs fit in well with the new ones.
Old 2009.04.17, 05:07 PM   #137
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know about you guys, but I'm more excited to hear about this other forum! :O
Old 2009.04.17, 05:20 PM   #138
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I agree with whoever complained earlier: reading through this topic makes me feel sick and faint. HITOCOOCHIE JAZZ DEATH WHATEVER! Big deal.

I have no problems with Death Jazz, but being upset that a three year old song that was technically already released on another album is completely valid. It just seems a little lazy for such an important/big release.
Old 2009.04.17, 05:27 PM   #139
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Totally agree with glath on maru theory. I'm sure it'll be whatever they played as the end roll at the actual EXPo concert, which to my understanding was a prerecorded track. I have no problem with it being on the album as a bonus track, I really don't see the problem, it's not that hard to stop listening to the album before it if you're worried about symmetry.

Ok, i'm not happy about death jazz ver. either, but only because i dont want that kind of sound to be on the album. The fact that it's old or whatever doesn't really bother me when we're getting so many new tracks anyway. I mean it hasn't been released on CD format before, so it's not completely surprising.

So, yes! Looking forward to the album! Hoping for good cover art!!
Old 2009.04.17, 05:31 PM   #140
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Maou View Post

being upset that a three year old song that was technically already released on another album is completely valid
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
we're getting so many new tracks anyway
That is all. <3 And I hope for good cover art as well. But with da Ringo it's usually hit, not miss.
Closed Thread