Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.21, 08:07 AM   #241
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I don't care for lyrics, symmetry, cover art and interpretations, bring on the MUSIC!
I care for the lyrics written by Ringo. She was like a poet in SS and KZK, yet in Variety Z_______________________Z

Last edited by ChickShhh : 2009.04.21 at 08:17 AM.
Old 2009.04.21, 08:40 AM   #242
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

this topic would have to finish, in a post or another...

Switch ON the computer, go to the EMF, read "New SR Album 6/24!".
And watch me jumping like a child in my whole room, maybe for a 5 minutes crazy time. Who said I'm a freaky fan?

Okay, we already have two songs, or three if we count on all the releasing.

This give us a first impression about what this next (and so hoooped) album will can seem.
At the begining of "reading the whole topic", I was a little disappointed about only "11" new tracks.

But someone there said MM and KZK have also 11 tracks.

I add that in KZK, there is Yattsuje Shigoto, wich was already put in the ZCS maxi-single.
Old 2009.04.21, 12:18 PM   #243
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I don't understand why people would expect another KZK. She has made 3 whole Tokyo Jihen albums since then. Plus she does seem pretty engulfed in the jazz-gig band style. I don't see much reason why she'd stray from that sound too much.

last.fm
Old 2009.04.21, 12:31 PM   #244
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

@ mizer_unmei: Oh no especially...
For me, in any way, a new ringo's project is always merrily hoped.

I just maked a comparison about the oldies re-hashed in a new album.
Old 2009.04.21, 12:52 PM   #245
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Wink

there is no way of looking around it, this is her longest album totaling 14 tracks. the fact that it has a rearranged ttrack from MM and a song that was released as a digital single annoyed some people, so I comment that even so, that is 12 new tracks we won't have heard by the time it is released (well 11 if you count a futaribocchi jikan rip), and that is still more than any of her other albums (when in take into account the singles). so no reason to be disappointed based on quantity of material. quality is another matter entirely...
Old 2009.04.21, 12:58 PM   #246
mizer_unmei

Originally Posted by teattum View Post
@ mizer_unmei: Oh no especially...
For me, in any way, a new ringo's project is always merrily hoped.

I just maked a comparison about the oldies re-hashed in a new album.
Oh, no it wasn't aimed at you at all. It was just some comments I read throughout the thread I was confused about.

last.fm
Old 2009.04.21, 01:02 PM   #247
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Wasn't KZK an album that really strayed from what was "her sound" up until then, though? Up until then her music could be pretty easily described as "rock" - save for the Mayonaka single which however came before STEM, the sole single from the album.
I'm not expecting any revolutionary change either, but I think it's entirely possible SG is going to be more overtly electronic, considering Hatsukoi Shoujo and Oiran, and her collaborating with Jazztronik, and her supposed different original plan for Heisei Fuuzoku's sound. Plus it's not a Tokyo Jihen album, so maybe she actually wanted it to not sound like them. I'm not saying I'm sure of all this, just that it is possible that this will bring a change in sound.
Old 2009.04.21, 01:14 PM   #248
mizer_unmei

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Wasn't KZK an album that really strayed from what was "her sound" up until then, though? Up until then her music could be pretty easily described as "rock" - save for the Mayonaka single which however came before STEM, the sole single from the album.
I'm not expecting any revolutionary change either, but I think it's entirely possible SG is going to be more overtly electronic, considering Hatsukoi Shoujo and Oiran, and her collaborating with Jazztronik, and her supposed different original plan for Heisei Fuuzoku's sound. Plus it's not a Tokyo Jihen album, so maybe she actually wanted it to not sound like them. I'm not saying I'm sure of all this, just that it is possible that this will bring a change in sound.
That's definitely true, but I'm not expecting too much of change from the traditional rock sound of her first 2 albums/the TJ albums. I attributed the epicness of KZK mostly to her break in the industry. And also the STEM single definitely lead up to that. The new single doesn't really scream "newness" to me. Certianly there's a possibility of change, but just because there's a new solo album doesn't make me toil with the idea that she'll change her sound or that there'll be a new KZK.

But omgoodness, a whole album of "Hatsukoi Shoujo" would be to die for.

last.fm
Old 2009.04.21, 01:19 PM   #249
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
That's definitely true, but I'm not expecting too much of change from the traditional rock sound of her first 2 albums/the TJ albums. I attributed the epicness of KZK mostly to her break in the industry. And also the STEM single definitely lead up to that. The new single doesn't really scream "newness" to me. Certianly there's a possibility of change, but just because there's a new solo album doesn't make me toil with the idea that she'll change her sound or that there'll be a new KZK.

But omgoodness, a whole album of "Hatsukoi Shoujo" would be to die for.
what break? and before KZK there was Utaite Myori and a baby. I don't think she made KZK because she suddenly had made it and broken into the industry, if that is what you mean. MM was an instant success, SS was even more so, and then she disappeared and had a kid while her record label yelled at her for more work, so she gave them a double cd of covers. it wasn't until after that that she got together and made KZK and if you ask me I think she did it because she had been out of the game long enough she had fresh ideas to work with and no buddy meddling with her in the studio.
Old 2009.04.21, 01:20 PM   #250
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Yeah, but she stressed that the new single was written specifically for the drama, and the b-side is for the fans - meaning we'll know what to expect when the single is released, so we'll find out pretty soon.
And if you consider what her releases since 2007 - that is, Heisei Fuuzoku which was made for a movie (and had 4 new songs, 2 of which were electronic), and Variety where she only wrote the lyrics, and then all the anniversary stuff, she had more than 2 years to write all that new material. Which explains why this is the album with most new songs, and is another factor which makes me think this is going to sound differently...

EDIT - again my posting is too slow Utaite Myouri was a similar situation as Variety and HF.
Closed Thread