Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.12.10, 04:16 PM   #391
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I honestly can't tell when Ringo is wearing a wig and when she isn't anymore. It's really annoying. I also wish she would quit it with the wigs.
Amen.
Old 2011.12.10, 05:57 PM   #392
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I honestly can't tell when Ringo is wearing a wig and when she isn't anymore.
Sounds like the wigs are working for her then I thought the point was of a wig was to not be able to tell that it's a wig
Old 2011.12.10, 10:55 PM   #393
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Haven't the wigs gone back to her Koko de Kiss Shite days?
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.16, 10:43 AM   #394
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I can't get into some of the songs on the album at all anymore. I can't shake the "been there better before" feeling some of the songs give. I try to listen to Keshou Naoshi and it just doesn't do the bossa nova thing nearly as well as Aozora or Ringo no Uta. Kenka Joutou doesn't do the jazz/rock hybrid as well Dynamite or Tramp. Toumei Ningen doesn't do the silly fun as well as Bokoku Jousho.

I still like Tasogare Naki, Himitsu and Tegami as much as ever, but the rest of the songs come off as pretty bland or far less expressive than other works.
Old 2011.12.16, 12:17 PM   #395
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

I still love Keshou Naoshi. I downloaded a podcast of 60s Brazilian music once and it would have fit in - which is to say KN does absolutely nothing original (apart from the ending) but is a high quality tune. It definitely not an Aozora, but that's because Aozora is "bossa nova in it's own way". You wouldn't measure Aozora against a yardstick with Antonio Carlos Jobim or Milton Nascimento at the top of it, (a) because it's a cute pop song and (b) nothing's better at being an Aozora than Aozora.

Toumei Ningen... Well let's just say if you like that you might also like lots of music piped into provincial Japanese shopping centres circa 2000. It's probably an example of that type of that music that would be a hit, but umm not with me.

I saw someone who describing Adult as being "vanilla" (not in any especially negative sense) and I think that's a good description. If Adult is vanilla, the Shuraba single is the more flavourful topping.

edit: Is Tasogare Naki Shiina Ringo's one "chillout song" (I know Ukigumo's written a couple)? It always was lovely. The ending is, like, OK, enough of that now, time to get up and go to the shops

Last edited by so_cold : 2011.12.16 at 03:10 PM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.16, 04:22 PM   #396
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I cannot understand this. At all.

Like I can understand not liking Variety, Sports, Dai-Hakken. Maybe even Sanmon Gossip.

But ADULT!? Adult is beautiful.

Saying one song is bad because it isn't good as another song doesn't seem right. There are songs out there, sure, but that doesn't mean it's somehow bad.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.16, 04:34 PM   #397
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Again, I think you over-read the negative part, he in no way said it was bad (right?).

Both you and I know that not liking Adult is both idiotic and plain distasteful.

And Vanilla is the best icecream flavour by far. And only heathens/diabetics/lactose intolerant people don't like icecream! So don't get so butthurt ;-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.12.16 at 04:40 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.16, 05:51 PM   #398
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Again, I think you over-read the negative part, he in no way said it was bad (right?).

Both you and I know that not liking Adult is both idiotic and plain distasteful.

And Vanilla is the best icecream flavour by far. And only heathens/diabetics/lactose intolerant people don't like icecream! So don't get so butthurt ;-p

I like mango ice cream.

Btw, your dp... is that Ringo in the new concert?
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.16, 05:53 PM   #399
deadgrandma

Yep
Old 2011.12.16, 06:51 PM   #400
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Saying one song is bad because it isn't good as another song doesn't seem right. There are songs out there, sure, but that doesn't mean it's somehow bad.
smh

The only song I'd say is bad on Adult is Toumei Ningen. It's shit. I don't like Kabuki either, but I wouldn't call it bad. More like disappointing because they didn't really rock that shit like could have. Same with Blackout.