Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.11.30, 08:34 AM   #81
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

So was it the real single version Sounan, the crap Ultra C version or some new overdone orchestrated version?

Setlist looks good even with some notable omissions. I would have liked to see Meisai while she's got Ukigumo and Saito Neko together. Akane Sasu would have been pretty badass too.
Old 2014.11.30, 01:13 PM   #82
Kuridamo

Kuridamo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
Found another link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28...3-141024_music

Starting at about 33:25.

Edit: Ack! This should have been ion the "Hi Izuru Tokoro" thread.
Thanks a lot for this, I love the "Goodbye" without autotune
Also, she looks like a late-Shōwa idol (70s) here, which I mean the best way you can mean it.
Kuridamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.30, 01:44 PM   #83
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Here's a couple of pictures from the concert:

https://twitter.com/rirl_az/status/539076965425102849

A couple more:

Last edited by mrnarse : 2014.11.30 at 04:34 PM.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.30, 06:18 PM   #84
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Love this shit. Probably a fetish if I look it up.

I think Togawa rocked it more convincingly though ;-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.11.30 at 06:31 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.01, 03:14 AM   #85
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
So was it the real single version Sounan, the crap Ultra C version or some new overdone orchestrated version?

Setlist looks good even with some notable omissions. I would have liked to see Meisai while she's got Ukigumo and Saito Neko together. Akane Sasu would have been pretty badass too.
It's weird because I didn't even recognize it as Sounan. I looked at the setlist later and was like "WHAT????? THAT WAS SOUNAN????" So it definitely wasn't the single version because I'd have known that anywhere. Honestly, I cannot recall it exactly so I'm at a loss to describe it. I know it sounded rocking though. None of the songs were ones where I was like "oh great, a boring orchestral version." The orchestra was there but it wasn't overwhelming. (I'll admit now I'm very bad at matching songs to titles as I'm listening to them live, and I'm even worse at describing music styles.)

Yeah, they really missed an opportunity to do Meisai. And yeah I would have LOVED to have heard more MM/SS/KSK stuff.

My coworker informed me the boat at the beginning was meant to be like a funeral boat, which is why Souretsu was next.

Slightly unrelated but I recently looked up a bunch of info in Japanese about Ringo. Lots of reports of her dating or at least heavily flirting with married men (including both babydaddys, who were married before having a kid with her), to the point where it's like "ok is she even attracted to people who are NOT married???" - and apparently Junpei confirmed the kids' names are Sonata and Noa. I also discovered pictures - and a video - of Noa on the fanclub-only blog on the website.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.01, 03:33 AM   #86
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Married men are better in bed I guess :-p

Gah I sound like Inseu lol
Old 2014.12.01, 06:22 AM   #87
Parsec

Parsec is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
And yeah I would have LOVED to have heard more MM/SS/KSK stuff.
Me too. Souretsu was the highlight of the show for me, made me wish for a Don't Look Back style show of just KZK, front to back. If only...

I don't really know Sounan, but I had a similar experience with Yattsuke Shigoto, the arrangement she did was so different I couldn't pick what it was for ages, even though I know the KZK version really well. I was like "What is this?! I know I've heard it before!"
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.01, 08:15 AM   #88
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
It's weird because I didn't even recognize it as Sounan. I looked at the setlist later and was like "WHAT????? THAT WAS SOUNAN????" So it definitely wasn't the single version because I'd have known that anywhere. Honestly, I cannot recall it exactly so I'm at a loss to describe it. I know it sounded rocking though. None of the songs were ones where I was like "oh great, a boring orchestral version." The orchestra was there but it wasn't overwhelming. (I'll admit now I'm very bad at matching songs to titles as I'm listening to them live, and I'm even worse at describing music styles.)
That's cool. Thanks for the answer. The bolded was how I felt about the 2008 Expo. Then the DVD came out and it didn't quite match what I heard in person. Maybe this time on the eventual blu-ray...
Old 2014.12.01, 10:11 AM   #89
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Sounds pretty crazy... definitely looking forward to seeing the Blu-ray when it comes out!
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.01, 01:47 PM   #90
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

Souretsu is on the setlist? Man, I really wish I could make it to this show.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote