Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.08.30, 07:28 AM   #1181
ArikitarinaOnna

ArikitarinaOnna has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I heard Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri in a ramen restaurant today!
I was so happy!
ArikitarinaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.30, 09:36 AM   #1182
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I heard that song in so many restaurants and stores! Still hear NIPPON... and Expo 08 Koko de Kisu Shite on display on a TV being sold at a store too.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.31, 12:23 AM   #1183
zordon

zordon is headed in the right direction

You-know-where there's the Fuji Festival day 3 video footage, it includes 2 songs by Ringo - 密偵物語 from SG and The Assassin's Assassin.
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.02, 07:43 PM   #1184
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

While I'm hoping that this domestic tour will be different from Expo 14 and 15 AND the recent Festival gigs (which sounded/looked the same just with less shit in it)... I have my doubts, there's not actually much new music since Expo 14 to play and she certainly hasn't undergone any radical changes since.

Well, we will see. I really doubt we will get a simple Ringo with rock band setup though (which I think for me personally, will be a saving grace if it did happen).

I'd accept another Toutakai style gig, but many of the Ringo fans nowadays loathe that show it seems (even though it's like the best performance she's put on in years- sure it didn't have the fancy lights and shit, but she sounded great and felt less robotic in it). I remember people going to it and saying they were disappointed- the fuck. Priorities people!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.09.02 at 07:56 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.02, 07:57 PM   #1185
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

I can't see her touring without at least some strings & assorted wind instruments. A simple rock band just doesn't feel like enough anymore, at least to me. But then again it can't be too elaborate, else it would be a logistical nightmare.

What's the criticism of Toutaikai? One of her very best performances IMO...
Old 2015.09.02, 07:58 PM   #1186
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

The main criticism, put simply is that "ITS BORING!!!"

Ask any Brazillian :-p
Old 2015.09.02, 08:06 PM   #1187
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

It's not samba, but who was really expecting dance music?

It is a wonderland of vocal subtlety. Also she plays piano, which is always a treat.
Old 2015.09.02, 09:37 PM   #1188
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

When you're saying people don't like Toutaikai, who exactly are we talking about? People who hate everything she's done that wasn't rock/band style? It's not as in your face, but her energy is wonderful and she sounds incredible. Not sure about how domestic fans felt/feel about it, but I don't hear too much about it one way or the other :\

I'm wondering if her tour band will be the Mangarama crew, or if she'll be changing members up again... Uki was recently in the studio with Kaasuke (the long-haired drummer from Expo 08), which is likely totally unrelated to Ringo since they're both active, popular musicians, but it's got me imagining all sorts of possibilities...

It's her first big tour in a really long time, and she's doing several shows a week in lots of locations, so I really doubt the stage production will be anything as grand as Expo... I'm really anticipating how this will turn out the more that I think about it.

And zero, you could totally dance to that smooth version of yokushitsu!

Last edited by tsukigimehime : 2015.09.02 at 09:59 PM.
tsukigimehime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.02, 11:24 PM   #1189
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^ yea I was under the impression that Toutaikai was one of her unanimously acclaimed shows at least by the fanbase on this forum.

TBH though, if I had to attend one SR tour, I'd rather attend something like Expo '14 than Toutaikai if only because I feel the Toutaikai experience is best experienced comfortably in my room with headphones on. I prefer my live concerts to be noisier.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.03, 04:17 AM   #1190
deadgrandma

I just hope that the lesser amount of shit to tow around means that setlists change up a bit and it feels less scripted/more engaging with the fans.