Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2015.12.25, 10:42 AM   #1
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer
Default Audio Glitch in Adult CD

Originally Posted by Heaven_Smile View Post
Though this community seems very passionate and friendly, I must say that the main reason I'm here is because I've encountered what seems to be a strange digital glitch on the last track of Adult (Tegami), at exactly 1:23. I've bought the CD twice, but both copies have the exact same glitch! I'm wondering if you guys have the same problem. I'd love to find this track without the glitch, even if it's mp3 quality, so I could do a cross-fade or something, but since I don't live in Japan, it's pretty much impossible to buy Ringo's music online.
I can't say I've been able to duplicate this - however, there are different versions of this CD out there. Do you have the "Pour Homme" version, or the "Pour Femme" version? And did you buy the original Japanese release, or one made for an overseas market (e.g. Taiwan)?

Last edited by zeroryouko : 2015.12.25 at 10:46 AM.
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.25, 10:53 AM   #2
zordon

zordon is headed in the right direction

If by the glitch you mean the sound that reminds me of rustling a piece of paper, then I'm hearing it as well. I've never 'heard' it before as it's barely audible on my system, but now I will certainly be aware of it .
Never mind if your problem is entirely different in nature.
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.25, 11:16 AM   #3
Heaven_Smile

Heaven_Smile pleased at least somebody

I have two copies of the Japanese "Pour Homme" version, and as far as I can tell, they are authentic. I bought them online from a certified Japanese seller.

It does sound a bit like the rustling of a piece of paper, but I'd say it's more similar to the click of a metronome. It's certainly audible on my system. At first I thought I had done a bad CD rip, but after multiple tests on different systems, I established that it was not the case.

I swear it's driving me crazy, because Tegami is my favourite track on the album. I've tried to remove the glitch with Logic Pro and Audacity to no avail.
Heaven_Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.25, 11:40 AM   #4
zeroryouko
Ringophile

Hmmm. Listening to it again with headphones, I *can* hear a bit of a click there. Not so apparent with speakers though.

The only other source for this track that I am aware of would be the Hard Disk boxed set. Unfortunately it looks like the glitch is present there as well...
Old 2015.12.25, 11:57 AM   #5
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It's the same on the Pour Femme version too, in case you hadn't checked.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.25, 11:58 AM   #6
Heaven_Smile

Heaven_Smile pleased at least somebody

Thanks.
I guess I'll have to live with this. It seems incredibly strange to me that such an obvious audio glitch could make its way in a professionally recorded album. Perhaps this strange clicking sound was some kind of intended, yet misguided artistic choice?
If there's anybody out there who has a source for this track *without* the glitch, please let me know.
I'm sorry if I've ruined the track for some of you.
Heaven_Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.25, 12:09 PM   #7
zeroryouko
Ringophile

Originally Posted by Heaven_Smile View Post
Thanks.
I guess I'll have to live with this. It seems incredibly strange to me that such an obvious audio glitch could make its way in a professionally recorded album. Perhaps this strange clicking sound was some kind of intended, yet misguided artistic choice?
Like, maybe since the title of the song is "Letter," it's the sound of a page being turned/paper rustling, as zordon suggested? It certainly could be.

Or it could just be a production glitch. Not sure how much you've already read of the previous posts on EMF, but the production quality on a lot of Ringo's CDs is a frequent subject of discussion and quite a bit of frustration.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume the former in this case, however, as most of the production issues people refer to are not things that just sound like outright errors, like this does.