Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.09.02, 07:13 PM   #91
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ it'll probably be on the next live dvd :-p
Old 2011.09.02, 07:16 PM   #92
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

if the band has taught us anything, it's that this is the first single of the next album.
Old 2011.09.03, 11:15 AM   #93
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

And that's terrible.
Old 2011.09.03, 12:06 PM   #94
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I say this EVERY year, but I really do think they're going on a hiatus now (well, last year, I predicted that they'd release one more album after Sports).

I predict that Carnation will lead into another solo SR album. There will be another single, but like the situation with Tengoku e Youkoso and Sora Ga Natteiru, it'll be a while before we'll hear it. Then we'll get another solo SR album in 2013 and a tour -- the setlist of which will draw from both the new album AND Sanmon Gossip (and if you don't see solo SR in concert this time, you never will, so let's plan that EMF meetup)

Also, the new solo album will sound nothing like MM/SS -- naturally (the 'paradigm has shifted'), but will be very 'maternal.' It'll be Aozora/Ringo no Uta/Aisaka no Choushoku/0maru chiten kara album -- out of all the various 'sounds' she's had, she's yet to spin that one across an entire album. The more 'hard hitting tracks' will be more Yokushitsu/Togatta Teguchi/SG Superficial Gossip than Tsumi to Batsu. (And she'll start calling her fans 'her saplings.')

Oh, and we'll get albums from Appa and Petrolz, which will again be better than anything TJ have done since Adult.

Scenario 2: Ringo works on her second child, and we get UM 2 in the meanwhile. Then the final solo album and tour before she retires forever.
Old 2011.09.03, 02:00 PM   #95
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Oh, and we'll get albums from Appa and Petrolz, which will again be better than anything TJ have done since Adult.
The scariest part is that this is actually plausible.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
if the band has taught us anything, it's that this is the first single of the next album.
Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
And that's terrible.
But to be fair, each PV collection so far has had at least one song unique to the collection. Then again...it's a cover in the case of Vol. 1 and alternate versions of pre-existing songs in the cases of Adult Video and Senkou Shoujo, so never mind.
Old 2011.09.03, 03:00 PM   #96
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I don't mean the song is terrible (I rather like it) I just hate how they release these stupid video-only songs. It's incredibly annoying how I can't get an mp3 of Kurumaya-san that ISN'T a DVD rip.
Old 2011.09.04, 08:05 AM   #97
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Well, the song has been available for download on iTunes since the PV release date, actually: here. Senkou Shoujo was, too (and latter featured in Sports, of course ...). The only unreleased one has been Kurumaya-san so far, since the ADULT VIDEO alternate versions were also released in vinyl.
Old 2011.09.04, 06:56 PM   #98
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I thought I got it wrong at first, but yes. Music by Shiina Ringo, Lyrics by Kodama Yuiichi, the director.

http://www.emimusic.jp/tokyojihen/cschannel/

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2011.09.04, 11:29 PM   #99
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
The only unreleased one has been Kurumaya-san so far, since the ADULT VIDEO alternate versions were also released in vinyl.
The reason for that is 'Kuramaya-san' is a cover, but the band tailored it to their style so well that it easily passes off as a TJ composition.

Ringo's vocal delivery is too tame for my liking. Vocals need more power, captain. Something close to how she sang Lady is a Tramp.
Old 2011.09.05, 05:50 AM   #100
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Well, the song has been available for download on iTunes since the PV release date, actually: here. Senkou Shoujo was, too (and latter featured in Sports, of course ...). The only unreleased one has been Kurumaya-san so far, since the ADULT VIDEO alternate versions were also released in vinyl.
Didn't realize it was on iTunes. Neat.

I'm ignoring the vinyl because it's (almost) the same thing and even released on the same day (and, on the vinyl, Koi wa Maboroshi is the original B-side version, not the "FOR MUSICIAN" version, right? I don't own it; I'm just going by what I've read). And on Senkou Shoujo, I'm talking about Put Your Camera Down. Has it had another release? (Of course, I would love to be proved wrong here )
Closed Thread