Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.07.28, 10:14 PM   #11
chibijelly

chibijelly has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The new finale trailer from ComicCon is kinda epic. Not gonna lie.
chibijelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.28, 10:36 PM   #12
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

THIS is kind of epic too.

Whee!

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.29, 04:50 AM   #13
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

^ lollll I saw that last night (and I'm not even a Who/Torchwood fan!). Sooo hilarious and awesome! Always the gay male kisses at Comic-Con... (first the one with Neil Gaiman, now this... I'm sure there have been others too!)
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.31, 11:45 AM   #14
chibijelly

John Barrowman is so cute. My friend who went to the con called me on Friday... and was all, "Oh hey. Hold on, I have someone who wants to say hi." Turns out she was visiting John and asked him to say hi to me, haha. I freaked out and started crying. And I kept saying, "ohmygodhi". It was certainly unexpected. He apologized to my friend after we finished talking, saying that he thought he made me cry and that he was really sorry. XD
Old 2009.07.31, 12:11 PM   #15
mizer_unmei

Haha, awesome! I can totally see him doing that. On the extra for the 4th season DVD a Catherine Tate, David Tennant and Billie Piper were in a car with a video camera waiting for the shoot and talking about how John Barrowman was telling the fans that were lined up that "Doctor Who Poos." Then he flung himself into the car, startled everyone and was all like "Did I make you poo?!" It was pretty much the best behind the scenes footage I've ever seen.

I watched this one documentary on the BBC where he went around trying tests to see if there was a gay gene. (and he failed all of the hypothesized results of the tests, which was sad in a way. ) But he went back home and he brought out his old Sonny and Cher dolls. Heehee. And I love the way he speaks dual dialects. Whenever he speaks with his parents he goes into his Scottish accent, but otherwise, even in Britain he's American. It's just sooo cool. Though I watched one interview where he slipped up and started with Scottish. ^^

Oh, and THIS is just insane. (Janice Dickinson was on right before them and did crazy things so you might want to watch that to get the references they make.) But he just flops around everywhere when he laughs. It's hilarious <3

last.fm
Old 2009.08.05, 03:17 PM   #16
chibijelly

The nightvision clips of them filming and hanging out in the van are hysterical. John is so funny, haha. It must be an absolute blast going to work with THAT sort of group of people for a few months.
Old 2009.08.11, 02:48 PM   #17
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

I love Doctor Who, I've only really seen the new series though. I watched one serial from the first doctor, and a bit of the second and third doctors, but i couldn't stay interested.

I really liked Eccleston and was hesitant on Tennant but learned to really like him too. I'm not sure about this Smith guy, but the new companion is adorable.

I also like Torchwood too.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 03:23 PM   #18
mizer_unmei

Originally Posted by Cinders View Post
I love Doctor Who, I've only really seen the new series though. I watched one serial from the first doctor, and a bit of the second and third doctors, but i couldn't stay interested.
That's because you haven't gotten to the fourth and besttttt doctor. (next to Tennant)

I loved the 2nd doctor serial I saw. He was so absent minded but smart. It sucks that he had to quit because his wife didn't approve of it.
I STILL have to see a Jon Pertwee one though. ^^;

last.fm
Old 2018.05.10, 06:30 AM   #19
chatenoire

chatenoire pleased at least somebody

Was searching for comic thread then found this!
Is any Whovian still around?

My favorite is Twelfth Doctor!
I might be biased because I was already a big fan of Peter Capaldi before he became The Doctor.
He as John Frobisher also made me cry my eyes out.

Honorable Mention: Dr. House,
Hugh Laurie sure played one hell of a fictional doctor, who has never been on Doctor Who yet!
chatenoire is offline   Reply With Quote