Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.07.29, 02:23 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Talking So, can we safely assume that the jazzy/orchestral stuff is over now?

I don't mean to be annoying by posting Shiina threads (Which is a no-no on a Shiina Ringo forum), but I Just Can't Help It most of the time.

EVIDENCE:

-She considers EXPO the live for Sanmon Gossip. EXPO doesn't just have the orchestra and Saito Neko, but also most of the HF setlist. KSK, of course, was already raped in Baishou Ecstasy and Ringohan -- as well as the HF songs that didn't make it to EXPO.
-Someone said (I think it was kuro neko), that she considered Sanmon Gossip THE 'jazz' album, which she hadn't done until now (I'd call it Shiina's Black-Woman wannabe album, because of Ryuukou and Roudousha and MaruSad)
- She dumped Karisome Otome on Sanmon Gossip
-Variety wasn't jazzy.
- AND OMG, the last original track of Sanmon Gossip is a ROCK SONG
- The bonus track is the original 'groovy' Shiina track, and it's called A NEW WAY TO FLY and she's singing about rock n roll! "And then Benzie smacks me with his Gretsch" means that he's knocking some sense into her!
- Her most RECENT song is Ariamaru Tomi!
- She wouldn't DARE collaborate with Saito Neko again. I challenge her to, really.
- But where does Adult fit into this?

Like, for the people that still enjoy Shiina Ringo's music (Like me) this could be The End of something that should have stayed a novelty, and outstayed its welcome.
It's the end of 'Black Shiina!' Yay!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.29, 02:24 PM   #2
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
She wouldn't DARE collaborate with Saito Neko again.
Says who? if she likes what she makes with the guy then I doubt she cares what we think about it. She don't need the money anymore so she has absolute freedom to do another 10 jazz albums.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.29, 02:31 PM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Well, I don't think he'll disappear entirely since he was there from day dot. But less Saito Neko showtunes, at least. It's not so much that she'd stop doing it because of fans, but it's apparent that she has other kinds of music in her still and she's been riding Saito Neko for AGES now. I'D be tired of Saito Neko by now.
Old 2009.07.29, 04:25 PM   #4
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

She's barely even done jazz. There's Poltergeist and Mr. Wonderful from EM and not much else. Jazz is not a synonym for "shit."
Old 2009.07.29, 04:42 PM   #5
Scribble R

Well, there is such a thing as 'shit jazz'
Old 2009.07.29, 05:48 PM   #6
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

"So, can we safely assume that the shitty music stuff is over now?"

No we can't. We've assumed that before.

(SG coulda been alot worse though...)
Old 2009.07.30, 03:39 AM   #7
JonnoJ

JonnoJ is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
She's barely even done jazz. There's Poltergeist and Mr. Wonderful from EM and not much else. Jazz is not a synonym for "shit."
This.

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Like, for the people that still enjoy Shiina Ringo's music (Like me) this could be The End of something that should have stayed a novelty, and outstayed its welcome.
Each to their own, personally would love this style she's been doing with Neko never to end. Though do think she's reached the pinnacle of her work with him on Tsugoi no ii karada, would love a whole album like that. Rather have lots of "jazzy" orchestral pieces than crap like Zecchoushuu which I can't stand for the most part.

Last edited by JonnoJ : 2009.07.30 at 03:45 AM.
JonnoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.30, 08:09 AM   #8
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by JonnoJ View Post
Though do think she's reached the pinnacle of her work with him on Tsugoi no ii karada, would love a whole album like that. Rather have lots of "jazzy" orchestral pieces than crap like Zecchoushuu which I can't stand for the most part.
Okay, that + the avatar HAS to be a joke account.
Old 2009.07.30, 08:21 AM   #9
Scribble R

It just shows how split (Well, for the most part) Ringo fans are.

Go anywhere outside this forum and HF, Adult and even Variety are looked on favourably.

JonnoJ, what IS that avatar, anyway? Who is she?

I think her pinnacle of work with him is Yokushitsu HF.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.07.30 at 08:28 AM.
Old 2009.07.30, 09:08 AM   #10
Tokyo Jihad

PM me a forum where thats true and isn't just Otaku-central.