Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2019.02.09, 06:36 PM   #1
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Default Saw Yamantaka // Sonic Titan in concert

The band now lives in Toronto. Saw them yesterday in Hamilton, Ontario in a small venue, around 50 people showed up, I'm pretty much the only Asian guy in the audience. Ticket was only $14 plus $3 for parking. The concert was pretty awesome, then played bunch of heavy but catchy songs. Not familiar with the setlist but I did pick up 2 of their CDs that I didn't own before after the show. The entire band wore KISS style make-up, and they asked for red light for the entire show. Throughout the show they used several types of percussion instruments, lots of Asian ones.

The girl on the left is their new vocalist, her name is Joanna, and only appeared on their third album. She's Filipino. After the concert, I got her to sign my CD, and then chatted a little about J-pop, apparently she knows some but not quite familiar with it. I think she's not full-time band member but tours with them. The band leader I believe is the drummer, she has a rather raspy voice.

I already got the ticket for their next Toronto show, hope more people show up.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote