Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.05.30, 06:48 AM   #181
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I saw the '05 movie first and I quite enjoyed it. I'd say I like both equally now that I can compare.

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I'm sorry, frecklegirl.
I know, right? I only watched it because I saw the first two and I just wanted to have completed the trilogy before the reboot, and I remembered people talking about "emo Spiderman" and "so good" back when it came out. Those were still the only decent parts of the movie; everything else was bleh.

I'm happy they are rebooting it; F Tobey Maguire.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.30, 10:30 PM   #182
xephyr

xephyr pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I know, right? I only watched it because I saw the first two and I just wanted to have completed the trilogy before the reboot, and I remembered people talking about "emo Spiderman" and "so good" back when it came out. Those were still the only decent parts of the movie; everything else was bleh.

I'm happy they are rebooting it; F Tobey Maguire.
Whoever said it was "so good" probably has an aneurysm hahah . I don't know anyone who thought it was a good movie, especially in comparison to 1&2. I laughed out loud in theaters at the shot where he lands and perches in front of a large rippling American flag.
Old 2011.05.31, 05:19 AM   #183
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

For both Spider-Man and X-Men, I though the 2nd movies were the absolute best of the respective trilogies. Who says sequels can't be better?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.31, 01:28 PM   #184
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Noooo "so good" as in the pie scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2LriOTZKg
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.04, 12:54 PM   #185
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
For both Spider-Man and X-Men, I though the 2nd movies were the absolute best of the respective trilogies. Who says sequels can't be better?
X-Men 2 was undoubtedly the best in the trilogy and First Class, the currently playing reboot/prequel, is probably up there as best in the series so far.

sequels can definitely be better than originals. Godfather II anyone? Some would also argue Aliens, but I prefer Alien to Aliens...
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.04, 01:08 PM   #186
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I've heard really good things about First Class, but I'm on a superhero movie burnout. There are way too many right now, and most are mostly the same.

I saw Bridesmaids recently. One person I went with thought it was laugh-out-loud funny (and really was laughing out loud during most of it). The other thought it was horrible and disgusting. I thought it was funny, but almost all of the characters are horrible people and completely unsympathetic.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.04, 01:36 PM   #187
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
I've heard really good things about First Class, but I'm on a superhero movie burnout. There are way too many right now, and most are mostly the same.

I saw Bridesmaids recently. One person I went with thought it was laugh-out-loud funny (and really was laughing out loud during most of it). The other thought it was horrible and disgusting. I thought it was funny, but almost all of the characters are horrible people and completely unsympathetic.
First Class was refreshing because it was a period piece set around historical events (more or less). It had more in common with a Bond film than it does most other comic book movies. I agree, there are definitely way too many of them and their pitfalls tend to be around modernizing them while allowing key elements to remain the same. i.e. the alien from Green Lantern looks TERRIBLE but every fanboy I talk to says he looks the exact same as he does in the comics, etc. I applaud X-Men for making some bold choices in rebooting the franchise and creating a great film before creating an adaptation of a comic. It has that aspect in common with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Bridesmaids was hilarious. I actually saw it a second time with my mother and enjoyed it again on second go. I'm surprised your friend found it gross because it was mostly non-toilet humor (except for a few choice parts).

I found the characterization more realistic, every character had their flaws but it was true to life.

I also should say Kung Fu Panda 2 was kinda amazing as well. Definitely didn't walk into that expecting it to be as good as it was. That and XMen are probably the two best films playing at the moment.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2011.06.04 at 01:40 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.04, 06:14 PM   #188
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Who saw the Hangover Part 2?

Same movie, different setting. So if you liked the first one at least it delivers. If you thought the first one was meh, this one will be meh.

My review can go no further since it would be reviewing the same dang movie.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 09:23 PM   #189
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

On a related Bradley Cooper note (yeah, that's a stretch), anyone see Limitless? The trailer looked a'ight, but the film delivered so much harder than I expected. It's really smart and I was particularly impressed with the cinematography and editing style. I've been meaning to pick up the book ever since I saw it.

I was disappointed that the Kanye song wasn't actually anywhere in the movie, though.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 09:54 PM   #190
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post
anyone see Limitless?
Yeah, it's quite possibly the best movie of the year.

You know what's almost as good as the movie?
A YouTube comment I saw on another upload of the trailer:
"There already is a drug that does this. It's called Charlie Sheen".