Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.06.03, 05:53 PM   #61
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Here is a good example of similar tracking to Natal using a similar IR camera. Natal won't need headclips because it can already detect and follow a human head, whereas this camera doesn't have human tracking algorithms built in so it needs a reference to follow but it shows how accurate the technology is and this is one example of thousands of what could be achieved (and this is just with a head, not a whole body).
Old 2009.06.04, 09:43 AM   #62
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
The new Metroid looks like a Team Ninja game, with Samus copied into it.

They are throwing away everything that makes Metroid "Metroid". Whatever.
1UP: When I think of the two series, they seem very different. Metroid is very slow, methodical, exploratory, while Ninja Gaiden is very fast, violent, and action-oriented. How do you reconcile those two and create something that takes advantage of your strengths, but still feels like a Metroid game?

Hayashi: We want to try and take the best of both. As you progress through the game, there will be more action-oriented, faster-paced sequences. But then you'll have your careful, exploratory parts of the story as well. We actually used it to our advantage to try and marry the two concepts together.

Sakamoto: When I brought the proposal to Team Ninja, I had no idea what their response would be. As we progressed through development, of course there were differences of opinion, but we were able to work through those and ultimately create something that's better than either of us could have expected. It's been a really collaborative, creative process, and I feel that the result is something that's very positive
Team Ninja and R&D1 will not disappoint. It looks significantly better than Retro's efforts even though they've only shown off her new moves. Fan of the Prime series? Prime fanboys seem to be the only people who think it doesn't look like "Metroid". Metroid is about exploration and finding power-ups to advance and that is still intact.

Did you enjoy Castlevania: Nocturne/Symphony? It was Metroid with a Castlevania skin on it. It turned out to be one of the best games in the series.

Speaking of Castlevania: KojiPro Castlevania has won the show. It looks amazing.
Old 2009.06.04, 09:48 AM   #63
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Speaking of Castlevania: KojiPro Castlevania has won the show. It looks amazing.
Yey =D
I was expecting the Mask thing to be a new original IP, but well, at least it's Kojima in a game that's not Metal Gear, for a change.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.04, 09:50 AM   #64
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Nothing so far has touched Symphony of the Night in terms of quality so I'm hoping the new Castlevania can surpass it.

(Wont hold my breath though)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.04, 11:50 AM   #65
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Metroid is exploration in a completely lonely environment, without story, without other characters, and without voice acting.
Imagine Team Ninja would make a game in the ICO universe. It's the same with Metroid for me.

If you want to do something different, why not just give it another name?
Because it won't sell as much.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.04, 01:00 PM   #66
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

=\ This isn't just Team Ninja so quit singling them out. Nintendo's R&D1 is co-developing it. The co-creator of the series, Sakamoto Yoshio, is the project lead. Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion all had narrative/story and they're the only games that matter in the series. You haven't even seen the environments to know how empty they are.
Old 2009.06.04, 01:23 PM   #67
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I for one am actually excited to see what Team Ninja will do with Metroid.
Old 2009.06.04, 01:56 PM   #68
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

=\ This isn't just Team Ninja so quit singling them out. Nintendo's R&D1 is co-developing it. The co-creator of the series, Sakamoto Yoshio, is the project lead. Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion all had narrative/story and they're the only games that matter in the series. You haven't even seen the environments to know how empty they are.
I'm not blaming Team Ninja, but they are the developer. And I've seen cutscenes, so all emptiness is loss.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.04, 03:20 PM   #69
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Split/Second looks so awesome.
Old 2009.06.04, 03:26 PM   #70
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion all had narrative/story and they're the only games that matter in the series.
Word.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote