Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.08.24, 03:08 PM   #11
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It's the magic of the two trilogies.. the last one's always crappola.

Season 1 and Season 2 > Season 3
Season 4 and Season 5 > Season 6

Here's an explanation of the trilogies, but they're in white because of spoilers:
Season 1-3: Teri's death, Nina's betrayal, return and death, David Palmer/Sherry Palmer relationship, Operation Nightfall.
Season 4-6: Jack/Audrey relationship, Graem & Philip Bauer's betrayal and downfall, Jack's situation with the Chinese
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 07:30 PM   #12
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Trailer for Season 7 or 24!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1E-7TwLfo
(Spoiler alert)

I've been following the primary topic of spoilerness seen in this trailer for nearly a year now, and I'm quite excited to see how it's developing.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 03:52 AM   #13
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Thanks Fluffie! The link is dead. It's here though! looks brilliant. Looks like they're pulling out all of the stops to get away from the bog-standard season 6.
Old 2007.10.25, 07:02 AM   #14
fluffiethesock

Thanks Whispermon.. Youtube is a corrupt nation!

There are already some obvious similarities in this season though, and it's funny that they're clear just from seeing the trailer. For example, the mole in the FBI is big rehash of the many moles of CTU. I'm seeing this bureau as just being a better-lit CTU, but I hope I'm wrong.

And Chloe's existence shows that they don't want to leave all the bad stuff behind.

I don't know how I feel about Tony being evil. I was expecting him to come back and work with Jack, since that's what the rumor was last year, but either way I'm glad he's back in it. I do find it interesting that we're actually seeing one of Jack's friends change their allegiance during the course of the show. We heard about it happening to Stephen Saunders and to Christopher Henderson, but never quite expected it to happen to one of our favorite characters.
Old 2007.10.25, 08:54 AM   #15
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yes, it does have it's similarities, but I don't want it to be mega different. I love the 24 formula and it was mostly "Same setting, same city, similar terrorist attack" and it seems they've brought enough variety in to make it feel fresh enough, yet still feel like 24.

As for Tony, I'm not sure how I feel too. It's great to see him back, but obviously nobody expected him to be the bad guy. My guess is that he isn't the bad guy, or at least not the main one and at some point he turns and teams up with Jack again, or he was planning to all along and he has some clever reason and plan.

And I still semi-like Chloe
Old 2007.11.15, 09:03 AM   #16
Inaudible-Whisper

24 in 1994.
Old 2007.11.15, 02:38 PM   #17
fluffiethesock

Hahaha, that's really good
Old 2009.01.11, 03:39 PM   #18
Inaudible-Whisper

Just watched the first 4 episode of 24 Season 7. It does absolutely nothing new, it's full of the cliche 24 twists and turns, time holes and lucky escapes but damn is it good. At this point I can't ask for more than a decent season after the dreadful sixth season, and so far this is off to a really fun start!
Old 2009.01.11, 03:48 PM   #19
fluffiethesock

Lucky! I'm about to watch it now!
Old 2009.01.11, 04:24 PM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Lucky! I'm about to watch it now!
You'll only be watching the first two, right? While they're good, I don't think it really picks up until the third. Oh, I forgot, we've got a 24 thread! Time to resurrect that bitch. I'll move these posts into there

Anybody else feel a touch of the 'Metal Gear' about this season? I think it's the sneaky security camera stuff in episode 3, and the talk about government conspiracies. In episode 3 ... (highlight to read) when Jack starts talking to Bill and Chloe for the first time, particularly considering the stuff they were talking about, it was like a codec conversation with Naomi or the Colonel or Otacon :p