Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Da Worst Sanmon Gossip track?
Ryūkō 4 5.63%
Rōdōsha 8 11.27%
Mittei Monogatari 3 4.23%
Zero Chiten Kara 3 4.23%
Karisome Otome 4 5.63%
Tsugō no Ii Karada 3 4.23%
Shun 4 5.63%
Futari-bocchi Jikan 10 14.08%
Mayakashi Yasaotoko 1 1.41%
Togatta Teguchi 3 4.23%
Irokoizata 10 14.08%
Bonsai Hada 2 2.82%
Yokyō 8 11.27%
Marunouchi Sadistic (EXPO) 8 11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011.06.05, 09:53 AM   #51
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
There's also a best sg track thread then =P
I'm onto it. /says the necro-bumper

I think I fit this title somehow, lol.
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.05, 03:33 PM   #52
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by jackmanca View Post
The only song I can vote is marunouchi sadistic, cause i only like to hear it when i'm watching seiteki healing 4. I like the claps and all, but i'm fed up with this song, and Sanmon Gossip is one of my favs albums, and this is the only song I don't listen to when hearing the whole album.

And I think this question is kind of stupid.
Like people are saying this kind of thread is quite usual when an album comes out. I love every song on Shouso Strip, but can quite easily nominate a "least favourite": Tsuki ni Makeinu. Not because I don't think it's a great tune and a very clever transplanting of a Sebadoh type sound into a pop context, just because relative to the rest of the album it comes the most from Planet "Normal".

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.05, 08:48 PM   #53
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

This (and favourite) track polls are only worth it once the album has been out for 3 months or so and it has had time to sink in, I'm assuming lots of these votes were from when it had pretty much just come out, I think it may look different now
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.06, 06:37 AM   #54
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

This poll was posted two months after the album came out, so I think most of the votes are pretty measured.

I love Roudousha, whatever.

And hate Bonsai Hada. The one track I always skip.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.06, 05:52 PM   #55
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I still hate irokoizata!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.07, 03:57 AM   #56
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
This poll was posted two months after the album came out, so I think most of the votes are pretty measured.

I love Roudousha, whatever.

And hate Bonsai Hada. The one track I always skip.
I always skip Bonsai Hada too, but I don't really hate it. I'm just never in the mood to listen to that type of the song.

I don't really have a track on Sanmon Gossip that I HATE to be honest, and a lot of the tracks that I didn't really like before (Togatta Teguchi & Yokyou in particular) are growing on me.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.07, 04:43 AM   #57
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Always makes me think WTF when people say they hate Bonsai Hada- the only post-KZK song that could easily fit on KZK (the overall most approved album on here) :-/ This is no exaggeration- it's what I thought first time I heard the song and it's what I think when I hear it now.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.06.07 at 04:51 AM.
Old 2011.06.07, 06:18 AM   #58
destrega
Banned

destrega pleased at least somebody

Where on KZK do you see that track? it might sound KZK-esque to you but it doesn't have a place on that album just because of that.
destrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.07, 07:07 AM   #59
deadgrandma

Ok- don't get me wrong here- there is no way to change KZK without it seeming blasphemous- hell, I thought it was awful putting Ichijiku no Hana as an extra on MoRA/Vinyl versions- it totally ruins the point of it being 44:44 and ending with Souretsu but that's beside the point.

If I had to choose an exact place it should go, I really couldn't. Perhaps after Kuki if I were to wank up the production a bit more.

The point I'm trying to make however is that the song is very in-the-same-vein as KZK, it is rawer than the rest of Sanmon Gossip, which is what makes it stand out like a sore thumb. What my main point is in the end is that it would fit better on KZK (if you didn't know KZK back to front and see it as a whole) than on SG.

This might just sound like me talking out my ass again (which it probably is) but it's just the way I've always felt about that song, and why it strikes me as strange that lots of people dislike it.
Old 2012.04.01, 12:10 AM   #60
Kingyohime

Kingyohime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Tsuugou no Ii Karada for sure. Nothing to redeem it for me; the lyrics are annoyingly twee rivaled only by Futaribocchi's. And musically it's everything but the kitchen sink.

Sounds like everyone involved in it, both Ringo's vocals and the orchestra backing her, were going for "best song" and went about 5000000 miles over the top, and just ended up with "MOST SONG" :/
Kingyohime is offline   Reply With Quote