Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2011.05.08, 05:15 AM   #31
EVH

EVH is headed in the right direction

got my copy on ebay
EVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.12, 02:48 AM   #32
jez

jez pleased at least somebody

Alright, I was able to place the order at Amazon.co.jp, but it declined my Visa 4 times. I live in Finland and my Visa has always worked. For example I've purchased many items from CDJapan.

I'll cancel the Amazon order and try HMV next...
jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.27, 11:10 AM   #33
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

For those interested, there is a pretty much new appa (APPA?) channel on YouTube, and they have already uploaded 3 videos from this year!

Here is the link: appa138

Edit: only one of them is appa-related, the other two are by a band called シュローダーヘッズ (Schroeder-Headz) with Izawa as a guest keyboardist.

Last edited by Carlx : 2012.07.27 at 11:39 AM.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.27, 12:07 PM   #34
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The only appa song on that channel is from their self-titled album, which means it's not a preview of anything they might release next. However, it's a rare album, and so a lot of Tokyo Jihen fans may not have heard more than 15 seconds of it before.
Old 2012.07.28, 08:21 AM   #35
Carlx

Hmm... I had never associated that instrumental passage to Kimochiyo. Even now that I listened to that Honnou performance again and it still sounds like Izawa's jazzy trademark but not necessarily a Kimochiyo extract. Is that an "officially" accepted reference?
Old 2012.07.28, 09:09 AM   #36
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
Is that an "officially" accepted reference?
No, but someone with all the evidence in front of them would have to be deaf to assert that 3:10-3:24 of appa's video, isn't a faster performance of 1:50-2:07 from JCHI Honnou. Is Izawa paying homage to his Jihen days? Not when appa's self-titled album already featured that passage back in 2005 (3:00-3:14 of the studio recording). There's been nothing improvisational about it. This has been the exact same passage in all three examples.
Old 2012.07.28, 01:28 PM   #37
Carlx

Oh yes, you are right. It's just that I had more vivid memories of the more... upbeat parts of Kimochiyo, instead of that great passage.
Old 2012.08.25, 08:37 PM   #38
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

anyone preorder their 2nd album 'Mantra' yet?

http://tower.jp/item/3129828/MANTRA

I wouuld, but since shipping is so expensive, I'm waiting to bundle it with a bunch of other cds eventually.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.08.26, 08:03 AM   #39
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Tower Records doesn't ship internationally anymore (last I heard), but Amazon Japan and HMV Japan still do. It's as much opportunity as we still have to purchase Rashipoki (without CD Japan or YesAsia).
Old 2012.08.27, 03:40 PM   #40
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

thats okay, I was able to find it on amazon jp as well. I'm hoping someone bites the bullet and gives a short review of the album. 3 more days!

edit: http://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/29394

Sound samples

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2012.08.28 at 11:46 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote