Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.07.03, 04:42 PM   #141
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I used to be the biggest fan of sr and TJ... But now I gotta say. I have better albums to listen to than this "lackluster", "commercial" effort from the people at toshiba emi.

Therefore, since i am one of the prominent members of the "haters"... I won't be listening to this album, nor will I be posting any review before EMF goes all "ya all haters... You can even hate the sound of silence!!!!!!!!".

Seriously guys. Wake up. It's not just the "haters" who find this album boring. Just read through the last few pages again if u have any doubts alright?
Old 2011.07.03, 05:10 PM   #142
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I used to be the biggest fan of sr and TJ... But now I gotta say. I have better albums to listen to than this "lackluster", "commercial" effort from the people at toshiba emi.

Therefore, since i am one of the prominent members of the "haters"... I won't be listening to this album, nor will I be posting any review before EMF goes all "ya all haters... You can even hate the sound of silence!!!!!!!!".

Seriously guys. Wake up. It's not just the "haters" who find this album boring. Just read through the last few pages again if u have any doubts alright?
I don't know if boring is a bad thing, necessarily...like Tsuchiya said, there are no real "peaks" or "valleys." I mean, there's only one true skippable track, Kaitei ni Sukuu Otoko, and Variety has 3-4.

That being said, I agree that EMI Japan is very much to blame for many of the album's faults...
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 05:34 PM   #143
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Sounds like somebody has a victimization complex, because nobody has said anything about "haters" and most of us agree that the album is unexciting.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 05:38 PM   #144
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Just got back from Vietnam and Cambodia and am picking this up today. It's hotter than the hinges of hell in Tokyo so a great excuse to stay home and give this one multiple listens.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 05:49 PM   #145
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

After listening to it multiple times, I realised that there was no band feeling to it.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 06:15 PM   #146
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I think this warrants a "Cool Story Bro"
Old 2011.07.03, 07:01 PM   #147
brad-t

brad-t is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
I don't know if boring is a bad thing, necessarily...
Are you serious?
brad-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 07:19 PM   #148
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

I suppose the verdict is to throw Daihakken in with the the rest of the discography and hit "shuffle".
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 07:31 PM   #149
brad-t

brad-t is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post
I suppose the verdict is to throw Daihakken in with the the rest of the discography and hit "shuffle".
I dunno man. I'd uncheck most of the songs from this album. They're not worth spending time on when you could be listening to something much better.

I read earlier in the topic that people wouldn't be complaining if this was some indie upstart band. Yeah, well, maybe, but that's a pretty pointless position to take. It's ridiculous to ask people to remove context for the sake of judging an album (especially at an enthusiast forum for fans specifically of this band). This is, at best, an objectively OK album when removed from context. But the reality is that this is (arguably) the worst album to date from a formerly amazing group who, by their fifth album, should not be producing something like this. Not only that, but all the ground that's covered on this album has been done with a higher level of quality already, so, as I just said -- better to spend your time listening to something better.
brad-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.03, 08:59 PM   #150
chibijelly

chibijelly has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
7.6/10 is a bad score? That's higher than I would give it, and I don't feel horrible.
In comparison to their other albums, yeah. It's a bad score in my eyes. As a whole, this album was a bit of a letdown for me. It's got some great tracks, but a lot of others that just don't hit the mark.
chibijelly is offline   Reply With Quote