Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.06.14, 10:07 PM   #1
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer
Default Shinya Waku and Chin Play Kou Play - TJ B-side CD and DVD August 29 2012

Umm b-side album in August.... Another documentary (?) dvd too.
www.emimusic.jp/artist/tokyojihen

Seems like the album has a new song.

Album Name: 深夜枠

01 ハンサム過ぎて
02 我慢
03. BB.QUEEN
04. 体
05. ピノキオ
06. 鞄の中身
07. 恋は幻
08. 落日
09. ダイナマイト
10. 心
11. その淑女ふしだらにつき
12. 顔
13. ただならぬ関係(新曲)

DVD name "珍プレー好プレー"

Description of it given on Kronekodow: ライブヒストリー映像作品DVD/Blu-ray
[初回生産分のみ] スリーブケース仕様

"Dynamite!"から"Bon Voyage"まで、7本に渡る歴代ツアーの映像から、それぞれ数曲をセレクト。さらに、これまでに出演した、フェスやイベントの貴重な映像もダイジェス トで収録。ライブこそ我が人生、東京事変のライブ・バンドとしての軌跡を総覧する、資料的価値も極めて高い映像作品です。珍プレーも好プレーも永久パッ ケージしております。約120分予定

Both are released on 8/29.

I tell you, I'm not sure what to think of this release. It is great for those who haven't bought the singles I guess, but for me it's getting one new song, much like when I bought Tokyo Collection. Oh well, doesn't matter :-p

EDIT: This should probably be a new thread, can someone with the power please make it so?

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.06.15 at 12:12 AM.
Old 2012.06.15, 07:40 AM   #2
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

surprised no one picked up on this yet but Jihen will be releasing a 13 track b-side compilation album and then a live dvd/bluray digest on 8.29, the dvd/bluray will consist of performances across all 7 of their national tours. I was alerted to this via cdjapan, haven't checked kronekodow to see if the news has been updated yet.
Old 2012.06.15, 07:43 AM   #3
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
surprised no one picked up on this yet but Jihen will be releasing a 13 track b-side compilation album and then a live dvd/bluray digest on 8.29, the dvd/bluray will consist of performances across all 7 of their national tours. I was alerted to this via cdjapan, haven't checked kronekodow to see if the news has been updated yet.
U no see my post above? :-p
Old 2012.06.15, 10:03 AM   #4
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Hopefully they have at least 720p/1080i-quality footage of everything that they've released on a concert DVD.

Would kinda be crappy if they only had 480p-quality footage of Dynamite Out! as a source for part of the compilation.
Old 2012.06.15, 10:31 AM   #5
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Umm b-side album in August.... Another documentary (?) dvd too.
www.emimusic.jp/artist/tokyojihen

Seems like the album has a new song.

Album Name: 深夜枠

01 ハンサム過ぎて
02 我慢
03. BB.QUEEN
04. 体
05. ピノキオ
06. 鞄の中身
07. 恋は幻
08. 落日
09. ダイナマイト
10. 心
11. その淑女ふしだらにつき
12. 顔
13. ただならぬ関係(新曲)

DVD name "珍プレー好プレー"

Description of it given on Kronekodow: ライブヒストリー映像作品DVD/Blu-ray
[初回生産分のみ] スリーブケース仕様

"Dynamite!"から"Bon Voyage"まで、7本に渡る歴代ツアーの映像から、それぞれ数曲をセレクト。さらに、これまでに出演した、フェスやイベントの貴重な映像もダイジェス トで収録。ライブこそ我が人生、東京事変のライブ・バンドとしての軌跡を総覧する、資料的価値も極めて高い映像作品です。珍プレーも好プレーも永久パッ ケージしております。約120分予定

Both are released on 8/29.

I tell you, I'm not sure what to think of this release. It is great for those who haven't bought the singles I guess, but for me it's getting one new song, much like when I bought Tokyo Collection. Oh well, doesn't matter :-p

EDIT: This should probably be a new thread, can someone with the power please make it so?
Now, we know Ringo will get her spare time!
The hiatus theory is proved to me.

If we are going to have this kind of album, that surely mean that we won't have any new album (solo or band, whatever) before at least 2013.
Old 2012.06.15, 06:56 PM   #6
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

This is WONDERFUL news because:

1. Proper studio quality Handsome sugite!

2. Rakujitsu without the annoying "Get it up for love" outro!

3. New song! (of course)
Old 2012.06.15, 07:08 PM   #7
deadgrandma

Handsome Sugite would be a downgrade from the blu ray mix :-p

I'm pissed it doesn't have a good quality Yoake no Uta. The one song I'm waiting for in good quality and still nothing. FUCKSAKE. Well, I guess it's technically not a b-side after all, but still a shame that it only exists in YouTube quality. Unless I'm mistaken.

Anyway, I hear if you buy both items in one purchase, you get a free flag. I wonder if this only applies on Kronekodow store or if CDJapan and others will be taking up this promotion?

EDIT: HMV Japan provides more in-depth info:

『深夜枠』CD
東京事変がこれまでリリースしてきたシングル作品の全カップリング曲を収録。新曲「ただならぬ関係」+「ハンサム過ぎて」(アルバム未収録)を収録!カップリングに名曲あり。
■初回生産分のみ紙ジャケット仕様(予定)
[全13曲収録/曲順未定]
ハンサム過ぎて / 体 / BB.QUEEN / 我慢 / ピノキオ / 鞄の中身 / 心 / 恋は幻 / 落日 / ダイナマイト / その淑女ふしだらにつき / 顔 / ただならぬ関係

『珍プレー好プレー』Blu-ray
東京事変の結成から解散までの単独ツアー7本より白熱の名場面をセレクト。ライブでしか味わえないバンドの魅力を凝縮。リアルな姿を伝えると共に、その軌 跡を 振り返るファン必須アイテム。さらに各地で出演したフェス、イベントの貴重な映像をダイジェストで収録。初作品化となるライブ映像満載。約120分 予定。
■初回生産分のみ紙ジャケット仕様(予定)
〔収録予定曲〕
■Dynamite!  「林檎の唄」「恋の売り込み」「心」
Virgin Domestic 「葬列」「母国情緒」「落日」「虚言症」
■just can't help it  「雪国」「喧嘩上等」「ダイナマイト」
■Spa&Treatment  「金魚の箱」「私生活」「黒猫道
■ウルトラC  「乗り気」「生きる」「電波通信」
■Discovery  「空が鳴っている」「秘密」「今夜はから騒ぎ」
■Bon Voyage  「新しい文明開化」「能動的三分間」「群青日和」
その他ライブ・ダイジェスト映像収録/楽曲未定

AND YOU GET THE FLAG IF YOU ORDER THE DUAL PACK.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail.asp?sku=5098411

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.06.15 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2012.06.16, 07:43 AM   #8
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Virgin Domestic 「葬列」「母国情緒」「落日」「虚言症」
Okay, okay, I'm fine with all this sucking fans dry of their money business now because of these two songs. I'd even consider grabbing an OS copy.

By "digest" do they mean it's a digest of all their lives in general or are they all just live snippets? Seems like they could fit all 22 songs and still have room for some behind the scenes footage.
Old 2012.08.06, 05:42 PM   #9
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Is this going to be unreleased live footage from their good tours, or just rehash? I'm too lazy to translate.
Old 2012.08.06, 06:09 PM   #10
deadgrandma

Previews of the new song are floating around, I believe a PV is gonna hit anytime now.

But anyway, it's...

Variety sounding. Big time.

I'd recommend people who dislike Variety to steer clear, so as to prevent any further pain :-p

Though it brings me to question once again whether the Variety sound (regardless of general opinion) was what Tokyo Jihen was meant to be in the end. (I'd personally like to believe that Adult was their defining statement, but after the song selection on Tokyo Collection and other lives, plus the pretty much expansion pack albums that were Sports, Daihakken and Color Bars... I just don't know). Regardless of whether I'm wrong (most likely) or right, it's an interesting thought.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.08.06 at 06:14 PM.
Closed Thread