Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2013.05.18, 12:45 AM   #111
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Let me guess.

It's about a video retrospect arranged in a chronological order, isn't it?

My current computer can't read the kanjis, but I can see "Motion Graphics", so I assume it's about Heisei Fusoku.

If such a thing is goind to be aired, I wonder if Ringo is up to something. Would it be the pending happening of another old dream of mine about the possibility of a secret duo project?
Old 2013.05.19, 07:39 AM   #112
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Any chance for international people to watch this? Do you think a video of it will pop up somewhere?
Old 2013.05.20, 08:30 AM   #113
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Might get reuploaded but I think you may have to get a nico nico account if you really want to see it.
Old 2013.05.21, 02:00 AM   #114
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
You know... I might agree with you there to be honest. This or Jinsei wa Omoidoori (which I still find woefully under-appreciated by people)
I appreciate it!! I love that song. And I love this one, and I love the video, but I love anything kitsune.

Not sure if it's been emphasized but this single is coming out exactly 15 years after her debut single of Koufukuron. That explains why the release date is a Monday instead of the traditional Wednesday.
Old 2013.05.24, 12:16 PM   #115
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG.

And the video.

I haven't seen if the other song is out or anything, I just needed to share that.

And the beginning is totally Toccata and Fugue but sooo lovely.

I am seriously tempted to just buy the single, but I usually wait for the album...

last.fm
Old 2013.05.24, 07:03 PM   #116
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

http://www.emimusic.jp/dom/ringo/switch-int/

The second song's full credits. Looks like it has an orchestra but also has normal band (including electric sitar), Ringo on synth and Wurlitzer... oh and Saito Neko... I feel a sigh from both Jihad and Inseu right now.
Old 2013.05.25, 08:11 AM   #117
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's the usual Ringo cast of Nagoshi, Nakayama, Neko, and Inoue Uni but all in one song. Can't tell who's on bass, drums (and wurlitzer). I think it will be close to the version in the unclearer preview. I'm guessing it'll begin with the blander jpop arrangement and devolve into craziness. Something like Togatta Teguchi and SG Superficial Gossip, especially the former. It would be interesting except the vocal melody seems weak. I hope most of it is instrumental.

When I listen to the unclear version -- again, it makes me think of the 'folkiness' of Muzai Moratorium but blown up on a cosmic Shouso Strip level.
So if Muzai Moratorium is folklore/urban myth, Shouso Strip is cosmos, KSK is religion, Sanmon Gossip is 'all the world's a stage,' then the new album would be 'paradise/utopia' (the pixelated apple on the cover being the forbidden fruit of Eden, lol)
Old 2013.05.26, 10:06 AM   #118
Narimiya

Narimiya is headed in the right direction

I can see Channel Guide on the left and Electric Mole DVD on the right of the PR pic of her!
Old 2013.05.26, 12:52 PM   #119
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

A person (pichan0601ys) who commented on this youtube upload of the video has lyrics in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trdpCrPeIks

青い空よなぜ雲をかかえて走っていく
恋しいだれかをそっと追いかけるの?
甘い果実よなぜ蜜を隠して黙っている
美味しい処をだれかに残しているの?
教えてよ もう騙されないわ
仮初めの彩度だけじゃ厭なの
色眼鏡 割り捨てて
赤い空よなぜ太陽なんて融かしていく
逢えないなみだに今日を滲ませるの?
判るのよちゃんと見極めるわ
単色(モノクロ)の濃度だけでいいの
色仕掛け 取り止めて
気高い貴方もこの大自然の一端ね
私に見せてよ
今なお未開拓の根源 嗚呼
生きている貴方命は無色透明
黄色い百合よなぜ別れ際に嗤っている
「永遠」を欲するのは無理というの?
丸い眼を透かして求めた
全部が悲しい 浅い
夢見やしゃんせさあ見やしゃんせ

I don't know how accurate the lyrics are - if they have the actual lyrics, or are just transcribing from ear and making some words archaic. But anata and the like have crazy kanji like Ringo usually does.

Still, fun! I always like repetitive color imagery in songs, but mainly because it's super easy to pick out.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2013.05.26 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2013.06.04, 05:57 AM   #120
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Moved!
Closed Thread