Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.30, 07:08 PM   #501
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

^yyyeeeahhh. EMF has noticed more subtle..
Old 2009.06.30, 07:54 PM   #502
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

So I decided to listen to Toki Ga blah blah and Bonsai Hada back to back, and despite SR's voice being different, it's nice to know that she can still put off 'that' kind of song.

Forget Ukigumo and Izawa 'hate' and the 'Ringo-go-back-solo' whining for a moment -- it's genuinely a real shame that this isn't the start of a resumption of her solo career. Despite the few issues I have with this album, SG and AT does kind of sound like SR is getting back into her groove, and not in a poorly-imitating-her-former-self kind of way.

Awwwww, it's such a pity.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.06.30 at 07:57 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.30, 09:41 PM   #503
Controversy

Controversy has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Off topic but Camera Obscura gig, endorphin rush, really? I saw them last year and they sort of bored me to death. =x
i digress.. but i love them! i went to their gig awhile ago, and it reminded me of some 80's prom night.
Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 03:35 AM   #504
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

second day in tokyo... went into a cd store to buy karuki zamen kuri no hana and adult, and they had: mm, ss, kyoiku, variety, hf, sg. argh!

I was impressed to see that the big sanmon gossip display was the first thing I saw when I went into the store, though.
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 06:40 AM   #505
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

hey, anyone have any sales data regarding SG?
Old 2009.07.03, 06:47 AM   #506
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
hey, anyone have any sales data regarding SG?
I only know it was the Oricon weekly number one with 120446 copies sold, but those are not the official total sales I guess...
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 06:48 AM   #507
merman

merman is an asset to this community

120446 copies according to the Oricon estimate - it's no.1 on the weekly chart and no.4 on the daily chart, dunno how often they update.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 07:08 AM   #508
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by merman View Post
120446 copies according to the Oricon estimate - it's no.1 on the weekly chart and no.4 on the daily chart, dunno how often they update.
They update daily. Now it's on the number 4, but it was the most sold album last week so it got the weekly number one. Even so, that's no official data. To get the real sales we have to make a weird multiplication I guess...

EDIT:

This is quite pointless, but I just noticed both Ryuukou/Hayari and Tsugou no Ii Karada lyrics feature the word "condition". Weird XD.

Last edited by Orenji : 2009.07.03 at 11:55 AM.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 12:03 PM   #509
merman

merman is an asset to this community

^
That sure is no coincidence knowing Ringo, but in Ryuukou/Hayari the furigana of "choushi" (condition) is the English word in katakana (kondishon) while in Tsugou no ii karada it's typed out in romaji... however I'm not at home and I can't check the booklet now whether it's the same Japanese word (choushi) as well. No biggie, but it's a fun fact with how the lyrics correspond each other.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 11:59 PM   #510
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Actually, the weekly sales reflected on Oricon are now the actual sales, and not an estimate. It used to be an estimate and then you had to multiply it by some index number to get the actual sales, but they have since changed it. Random trivia you are bound to know if you troll Ayumi Hamasaki forums enough. =p
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote