Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.05.12, 10:00 PM   #641
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Hata in policeman uniform! PARADOX.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.13, 01:26 AM   #642
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Cinders View Post
I think Hata would be a bit offended if they used that version live. At least, I would be, a little bit.
I don't know, maybe it should be considered as a Ringo-solo song (if performed that way - maybe accompanied by Izawa?), anyway I'm positive they will release the song somehow. It's not like "Hey Hata, we're performing that song. You know, the one we had to re-arrange when you got arrested." And it's not Hata's composition being played without him, after all. Now that would be an insult!
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.13, 10:57 AM   #643
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by mr. Pillow View Post
And it's not Hata's composition being played without him, after all.
But didn't he work on the music, creating the drums part, like everyone else? I don't think that just because he isn't a lyricist, he is not a creating artist in his own way. It's kind of sad when you work on a song, then you get drunk, make stupid things, get arrested, and all the work you did on the studio is forgotten... Of course it wasn't a TJ decision, but a Glico one, but still, he did his work.
Old 2011.05.13, 11:19 AM   #644
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

Originally Posted by jackmanca View Post
But didn't he work on the music, creating the drums part, like everyone else? I don't think that just because he isn't a lyricist, he is not a creating artist in his own way. It's kind of sad when you work on a song, then you get drunk, make stupid things, get arrested, and all the work you did on the studio is forgotten... Of course it wasn't a TJ decision, but a Glico one, but still, he did his work.
Of course he did his part, and believe me - I was among the ones who wanted him back at any cost (he didn't kill anyone after all, even if his reckless behavior could have costed him very much), no matter what. But, seriously, he shouldn't get offended by Ringo playing her own version of a song they also recorded together - even it that recalls bad memories, it doesn't mean that Ringo is so mean-minded to play it just to remind him what a douche he has been. Now, it's up to her to decide whether she should release two (good) alternate takes of TJ songs or let them go to waste. I just hope she'll make the right choice.
Old 2011.05.13, 04:55 PM   #645
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

But does anyone know if they actually recorded full songs or just the bit of the song for those CMs?
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.14, 01:28 AM   #646
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

^ I think they already recorded the alternate takes in full version. If I remember correctly, when the CMs first appeared there was some speculation that the two songs could also be released under Shiina Ringo's name (and now we get a solo performance on Music Station - guess what...).
Old 2011.05.25, 08:04 PM   #647
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
She looks so beautiful- stunning actually

I always see this at my local dept store, at the makeup area. I think the one is a little bit different, and most notably it says "I AM VIRGIN" (or maybe it's just I VIRGIN)... which always makes me

Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.25, 08:28 PM   #648
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Isn't this one?

news_large_shiseido_poster_ringo%2B%25281%2529.jpg

But wouldn't be the "never made sex" meaning if it was written "I'm A Virgin"?
Old 2011.05.25, 09:43 PM   #649
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

^^^ Technically "I'm Virgin" is an adjective phrase in that ad. Even so, "I'm Virgin skin" is, uh, well...................by saying you have "I'm Virgin skin," what you're saying is "I'm not a virgin, but thanks to this awesome skin I sorta look like one....." and I don't know where we go from there.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.25, 10:09 PM   #650
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Is there any posts about the actual tour in here?

I'm gonna attempt to get tickets to one of the Osaka Shows, tix don't go on sale for a while though.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.05.26 at 01:31 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote