Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.06.08, 12:07 PM   #941
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Who else is in this category?: "Another day, another reason SG isn't shaping up like you had begun to hope"
Old 2009.06.08, 12:10 PM   #942
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Who else is in this category?
Me
Old 2009.06.08, 12:16 PM   #943
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Shiina Ringo's a talented woman. She has what, at least forty tracks of hers that are great? You can't just lose that talent. So in the worst case scenario, the album after this one will do it for me. Or the one after that.

She probably just chose the wrong songs just to fit some stupid jazzy theme.

Sanmon Gossip can still be good, but so far =/

(And I don't have a problem with any music genre, and what she wants to make. She just has to make it like she did in the old days)
Old 2009.06.08, 12:27 PM   #944
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Who else is in this category?: "Another day, another reason SG isn't shaping up like you had begun to hope"
Depends how much you hyped yourself up. Things could be looking better, but it could be a lot worse. I'm still looking forwards to listening to it which matters most, I guess.
Old 2009.06.08, 12:37 PM   #945
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

Well, like I said before.. We can already deduce that SG, taken as an album, will be very underwhelming. The songs are too all-over-the-place. Song-by-song, I'm still hopeful though, especially because we know the album is all-over-the-place -- i.e. not all the songs will sound like Vogue, or really each other. She's bound to hit at least a couple that we'll enjoy like the rock band sounding one.
Old 2009.06.08, 01:07 PM   #946
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Wow, some people are really getting upset over this music video. It's not like SS videos, but it's still better than most videos we've seen of hers in recent years. I can definitely draw comparisons between this videos and other ones the director has done... they all have a kind of lo-fi look.
I giggled when she tweaked the knobs. And plugged the guitar in. It was pretty over-the-top, but it really fit her sense of humor. It's kind of funny, actually. I personally get more of an adult slumber party vibe than a sex tape vibe. Hahaha.
I reacted badly to the production values at first, but I've since changed my mind a little bit. I think the cinematography is generally great, except for maybe the long, pointless shot at the end. I loved the part where the curtain dropped. The instrument projection looked really cool, especially considering I think it was Ringo who was playing the piano.
I don't know what the device at 1:55 was though. A speaker maybe?
Old 2009.06.08, 01:13 PM   #947
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I still think it's too early to tell whether this album is going to be good or bad. If you played me Ishiki and Okonomi de before I heard KSK in its entirety I would have thought the album was shit. So we've heard a ballad, a song she wrote for a children's show, and a low-quality rap song. But I doubt that's the real meat of SG. I mean, come on, has she ever promoted an album with a ballad before? It's probably the stand-out track because it IS a ballad and the others aren't. My guess is that she's saving the big guns for when the album's released. And if I'm wrong, I'll eat my words.
Old 2009.06.08, 01:20 PM   #948
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
I mean, come on, has she ever promoted an album with a ballad before?
Shouso Strip?
Old 2009.06.08, 01:23 PM   #949
riskyfish

riskyfish is headed in the right direction

The PV gives me a strange feeling of the aforementioned schizophrenia, as if it's about her trying to get back into her own skin. Like a "playtime's over, now," with all the cats running around, paired with all the things getting projected onto her -- types of music, instruments, objects and images. So I think we're going to get something experimental, yes, but the way I see it, it's like this.
The PV exudes this simplicity that makes me wonder if she's trying to start "clean" again, with none of the Honnou, TJ, TJ phase 2, or Neko business, but it's difficult and/or she needs something new, a new direction, etc (I gather from the supposed guitarsex, after she was lying in bed alone -- does this mean she's taking up her own guitar in a, ahem, whole new way?).

In short, I'm not sure what to think of the impending release. But I'll definitely be preordering it (what's this about a nude photobook, eh?). I sort of like how "Vogue" sounds, even if it is just a reason for me not to buy Maboroshi's album for "Amai Yamai." I'll just see what happens.

Sorry if this post was out of place or meaningless; I just wanted to say something nobody'd seemed to say yet.
Old 2009.06.08, 01:23 PM   #950
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Shouso Strip?
KZK? (Stem . Yeah the single version was so different from the one featured in the album, but yeah xD.)
Closed Thread