Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.08.17, 07:37 AM   #1121
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Still attempting to get tour tickets for a show in the Tokyo area (I'd consider traveling but all the shows in other cities are on weeknights at 6pm, and I'm saving the last of my time off for the year to go home for Christmas)... I did not get one in the lottery you could enter with a code from the single. Actually, I should have asked people here to use their codes.

Have now entered the pia lottery (a ticket website) and fingers crossed I will get something. I chose the hopefully less popular Kanagawa hall shows as my first two choices.

Then there is the general ticket sale, which will likely sell out in minutes. Would really like to win a lottery ticket and be done... >_<

also, someone who went to the Taiwan show this past weekend reported that they saw Ringo's son holding her daughter there. Very jealous of this person as I'm curious about what her son looks like. Also, someone else posted a picture from the Taiwan show of a male cosplayer dressed as Ringo in the sparkly gold one piece from the last concerts...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 08:32 AM   #1122
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Smile

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
Try telling that to BITTER EX-RINGO FANS. I imagine them in a faraway place, lonely in their love for other artists, so desperate for attention they fan their farts across the way......

Edited to add:
I never even thought to compare togawa and sheena... Their goals and how they represent themselves through their music seem very different (granted that I'm very much ringo, and know admittedly little of togawa)

Re frecklegirl and all other folks hoping to get tickets: I hope it works out for you!
Old 2015.08.17, 08:39 AM   #1123
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
also, someone who went to the Taiwan show this past weekend reported that they saw Ringo's son holding her daughter there. Very jealous of this person as I'm curious about what her son looks like. Also, someone else posted a picture from the Taiwan show of a male cosplayer dressed as Ringo in the sparkly gold one piece from the last concerts...
Wow, what would *that* be like? "Now you children wait here, while mommy goes and FREAKING ROCKS."

Here is a photo of the cosplayer: LINK

ETA: Togawa is absolutely worth checking out, especially for fans of Shiina Ringo. They are certainly very different artists in many ways, but there is quite a lot there that Ringo fans will find familiar - and some things that, frankly, exceed Ringo's vocal capabilities.

ETAA: I can freely admit this, yet my love for Shiina Ringo is undiminished.

Last edited by zeroryouko : 2015.08.17 at 08:59 AM.
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 08:40 AM   #1124
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

That's hot.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 10:32 AM   #1125
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by tsukigimehime View Post
@Maou:
Yes, ariamaru tomi was with uki on acoustic and nagoshi on electric!
Thanks so much for the answer!

Originally Posted by tsukigimehime View Post
I never even thought to compare togawa and sheena... Their goals and how they represent themselves through their music seem very different (granted that I'm very much ringo, and know admittedly little of togawa)
I don't think DG is necessarily comparing Togawa and Ringo directly. It's more like he's expressing that there is far more to the genre that can be explored and Ringo's simply not doing that. If that's what he means, I'm in agreement. Ringo's cabaret/jazz/showtune material is often safe and samey. She needs to start deconstructing and mixing genres again even if the focus is on jazz/cabaret. A trippy acid jazz/rock album would be a nice change of pace.

Originally Posted by waranghira View Post
Ariamaru was done awesome.... UNTIL THE PART WERE THEY DECIDED NOT TO GO WITH THE ENDING SOLO

When the last chord was strummed and the drummer's setting up, I was like this is only a break rigt? Right? And it went on to the next song. :<
My theory is that everybody knows Nagoshi is better than Uki and Nagoshi simply didn't want to embarrass Uki by playing such an awesome solo.
Old 2015.08.17, 02:00 PM   #1126
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I just wish that people would stop seeing her as this vessel for *ultimate music* and just enjoy her tunes. I know this is all just a phase (I went through it myself, young ones) but she's niche enough in the Western world that I don't understand the point in constantly shitting on her. I'd be saying 'leave Shiina alone' if this were anywhere near bothering her.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2015.08.17 at 02:20 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 02:23 PM   #1127
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

remember when she had good output though?
Old 2015.08.17, 02:37 PM   #1128
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
remember when she had good output though?
Mnyeeehmaybe. I loved her output until EMF (and the users it entails) taught me to hate her output enough to come back round to loving it (and knowing why) outside of top 100 lists.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 03:31 PM   #1129
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

It's really tempting to idolize Shiina Ringo. I certainly have done so on occasion. But it's best to enjoy her for what she is, including her faults, rather than expecting her to be...well, anything in particular.

Never forget that "fan" is short for "fanatic." There seems to be a basic human need to declare allegiance to a single person, organization, or what-have-you, and then to worship said person or organization as a shining example of all that is good and just and beautiful and perfect in the world. And once that happens, people move past merely liking their idol, to needing their idol to be everything that their faith expects.

And it just *kills* people when they inevitably find out that whoever or whatever they idolize is not, in fact, the absolute-best-and-always-will-be. And when that happens, they feel betrayed, they bitterly disparage the former object of their worship, and then they go on to seek another idol and repeat the process again. It's not healthy. Believe me, I have been through this cycle many times.

I think the truth is that artists and entertainers have to learn pretty early on in their careers not to care too much about what anyone else wants them to do or expects them to be. Otherwise they simply could not do their job without constantly second-guessing themselves. It's not that Ringo is niche in the West and doesn't care about what Western fans think - it's that, as an entertainer, she doesn't, and can't, care too much about what anyone thinks.
Old 2015.08.17, 04:15 PM   #1130
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

She cares what the companies think.