Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.08.16, 06:30 PM   #1101
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ In my mind, Ringo had always taken claim for Onna no ka wa daredemo. Seriously, she has made that bitch hers, regardless of songwriter.

Definitely one of the last (if not the last) showtunes I can accept now I think about it.

I haven't looked at the setlist properly yet, but did she do a batch of showtunes together near the end like in Expo '14? Cause damn that's tedious to watch more than once... before when everyone was bashing them and I was defending them (between 2010-end of 2013???ish) she only ever did one or two-offs at once, now she does half sets of them... I don't get why everyone shits themselves NOW...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.08.16 at 06:35 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.16, 06:33 PM   #1102
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Smile

Originally Posted by waranghira View Post
There was Shuukyou? Didn't noticed.
I meant Souretsu, sorry for the confusion!! No Shuukyou. And it's definitely not the norm to be sitting my Taiwanese friend said the sitting was a mixture of being told to sit down, and apparently Taiwanese people stand for energetic songs, and sit for slow songs so people were sit-stand-sit-stand and apparently people were actually getting annoyed at those standing in some sections (even though this is the usual way her concert is)

Matsuri was definitely a fanservice song--I hope to hear it live one day, but it seems like she and uki spent a lot of it out on the arena catwalk, dancing, waving at fans, touching hands, etc. Personally, I really didn't expect it to be live, they sing it on ice cream cones for goodness sake haha.

Fans actually seemed to like it, judging by the poll afterward (still ongoing). I don't understand the negativity against it (or the schadenfreude in someone falling?) but as long as people are enjoying it

I also felt Nippon was an interesting choice, but people seemed really, really into it, and it also got many votes for people's fave of the night!

@Maou:
Yes, ariamaru tomi was with uki on acoustic and nagoshi on electric!

Last edited by tsukigimehime : 2015.08.16 at 06:37 PM.
tsukigimehime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.16, 06:34 PM   #1103
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Sitting is some kind of traditional when watching concerts in Chinese community, unless the concerts are for foreign rock bands. It's quite confusing to me, as a Chinese.
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.16, 06:37 PM   #1104
waranghira

waranghira has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Anyway in MS, it's HZM and the drummer's fault. HZM didn't do wild or interesting in the solo and his fills unlike Izawa at UC, much laid back playing, and the drummer didn't quite pick up as much while progressing unlike Hata really giving it to the cymbals and snare at the coda part.

In terms of mix, the mid instruments were a bit back, but that's understandable given how many they are (1 keys, 1 accordion/keys, 2 guitars, 3 horns/reeds) and how much they put focus on the vocals. And I'm glad the horns/reeds weren't blaring. I didn't actually get te general comment of the venue to be bad in accoustics, so they had good sound people.

My defunct band.
waranghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.16, 06:39 PM   #1105
waranghira

Ariamaru was done awesome.... UNTIL THE PART WERE THEY DECIDED NOT TO GO WITH THE ENDING SOLO

When the last chord was strummed and the drummer's setting up, I was like this is only a break rigt? Right? And it went on to the next song. :<

My defunct band.

Last edited by waranghira : 2015.08.16 at 06:44 PM.
Old 2015.08.16, 06:39 PM   #1106
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by harry4567 View Post
Sitting is some kind of traditional when watching concerts in Chinese community, unless the concerts are for foreign rock bands. It's quite confusing to me, as a Chinese.
Yeah... I saw a few shows in China (including OPETH before they went soft) and was like COME ON WHAT THE FUCK YOU SITTING DOWN FOR
Old 2015.08.16, 06:40 PM   #1107
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

According to Taiwanese, the reason for good sound is that some area were closed and black clothes were put down to absorb/reduce the reverb. The other artists didn't do that and the reverb will be super annoying to hear. (which is why I didn't go to Taiwan, and I'm regretted now.)

Last edited by harry4567 : 2015.08.16 at 06:43 PM.
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.16, 06:45 PM   #1108
deadgrandma

(Ariamaru) When the last chord was strummed and the drummer's setting up, I was like this is only a break rigt? Right? And it went on to the next song. :<
Probably thinking 'eh, it's Taiwan, they pirate all our shit anyway' :-p

(JOKE)
Old 2015.08.16, 06:48 PM   #1109
waranghira

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
^ In my mind, Ringo had always taken claim for Onna no ka wa daredemo. Seriously, she has made that bitch hers, regardless of songwriter.

Definitely one of the last (if not the last) showtunes I can accept now I think about it.

I haven't looked at the setlist properly yet, but did she do a batch of showtunes together near the end like in Expo '14? Cause damn that's tedious to watch more than once... before when everyone was bashing them and I was defending them (between 2010-end of 2013???ish) she only ever did one or two-offs at once, now she does half sets of them... I don't get why everyone shits themselves NOW...
I wouldn't have mind another.... ESPECIALLY IF IT WAS KONO YO. And it would be glorious to see how Uki would've sang that. :<
(I'm not expecting him to match Juunpei since he isn't a singer, just that it'd be extremely cool)

The shaker was just really weird; he could've given it to the other guitarist especially when he's probably better in playing that type of swing song. Mind that my fave perf of it is in Discovery where it was just him and Izawa doing all the parts (Yeah, I prefer keys and guitars in jazz over reeds and horns most of the time)

My defunct band.

Last edited by waranghira : 2015.08.16 at 06:59 PM.
Old 2015.08.16, 06:55 PM   #1110
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Btw, it was really weird that they played Onna-Dare Demo, UKI'S SONG, yet Uki was just doing the shaker there. XD
Didn't Ringo write this song, or am I missing something?
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote