Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.06.29, 02:17 PM   #661
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

I have absolutely no doubt she is capable of delivering a live version or even an album version of this song that would be good. Ringo could give us a thrilling and emotional rendition of the Hokey Pokey, if she put her mind to it.

But whether she actually does so or not is the question. I really hope they release DVDs for both the Taiwan concert and her subsequent tour in Japan, I'm sure she'll sing this at one if not both of those.
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.29, 05:39 PM   #662
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm suddenly thirsty
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.29, 06:44 PM   #663
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Am I the only one who loves this song? Ringo always brings some surprises to us.
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.29, 07:06 PM   #664
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
I'm suddenly thirsty
In this case, Coke ain't gonna cut it

Anyway, avoiding talking about that new track, there's a pretty nice new photoshoot (at least, I think it's new), for Vogue Taiwan.

My favourite pic is this one:

See the rest of this shoot here (by Mika Ninagawa) if you're interested http://www.vogue.com.tw/feature/peop...04-293196.html

It does make me wonder why they didnt include these shots in that recent interview book, I'm assuming they were taken around the same time...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.06.29 at 07:22 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.29, 10:04 PM   #665
harry4567

Rough Translation of the article:
創造獨特音樂風格的椎名林檎,即將於8月16日在台灣舉辦個人首次海外演唱會《椎名林檎(生)林檎博’15 -垂涎三尺-》,Vogue搶先在演唱會前,透過攝影師Mika Ninagawa蜷川實花的鏡頭感受她歌唱之外的林檎魅力。
Sheena Ringo, who created the unique music style for herself, will soon hold her first overseas concert in Taiwan, namely "Sheena Ringo RINGO EXPO'15 -Chui Xian San Chi (Too Close To Wait)-. Vogue exclusively invited Mika Ninagawa to take a photoshoot with Ringo before the concert, in order to express her charisma and sexiness outside her music.

Q: 請分享這次與蜷川實花合作的感想。這是你們第幾次的合作?
A:大概4-5次吧。我們平時都常常見面,所以都記不清楚了。
Q: How many times you have collaborated with Mika? Also, please share the thoughts from collaboration to us.
A: Roughly 4-5 times. I can't remember correctly, as we met frequently with each other.

Q: 這一次拍攝視覺非常的艷麗,特別對哪一個造型或畫面有感覺?
A:全部都非常棒,特別是在床上的那張,充滿著Mika妖豔的風格非常特別。
Q: The photoshoot is stunning, which outfit, or picture do you like most?
A: ALL of them, especially the one shooting on the bed. It is filled with Mika's coquettish shooting style, and which made it very special for me.

Q: 8/16在台北的演唱會是你出道17年來首次的海外演唱會,為什麼這麼久才舉辦海外演場會呢?又是什麼動力讓你決定出走?
A:因為我不太喜歡坐飛機會很累,但是就被台灣的美食吸引著,所以就決定來台灣了。
Q: The upcoming concert is the first foreign concert since your debut, 17 years ago. Why took so long to hold the first oversea concert? And, what motivated you to take this decision?
A: Because I don't like riding on a plane, it is exhausting. However, I am attracted by the delicious food in Taiwan, and that is the reason why I decided to (hold my first overseas concert) in Taiwan.

Q: 謝謝你選擇台灣作為你海外演唱會的第一站,是否有獨特的用意?
A:我覺得我認識的在日本的台灣人都很elegant
Q: Thank you for choosing here as the first stop of overseas concert, is there any special meaning about it?
A: I think that the Taiwanese I met in Japan are all elegant.

Q: 台北小吃是世界有名的,這一次你最想要嚐什麼美食呢?有想要去哪裡逛逛嗎?
A:我自己特別喜歡火鍋,而且聽說台灣的粥很有名我也想好好的吃一大頓。
Q: The street food in Taiwan is well-known. However, which one (in the street food) do you like to try most? Would you like to sight-see the city?
A: I LOVE hotpot. And I heard that congee in Taiwan is famous, which make me want to taste them.

Q: 台北演唱會,在選歌、造型、舞台視覺上,我們會看到什麼樣子的椎名林檎?有沒有特別嘉賓可以透露一下嗎?
A:啊,我腦海裡現在只有台灣的美食。演唱會的事情現在開始好好想一想。
Q: Which Ringo would we see in the Taipei concert? Is there any special guests?
A: Oops, I'm only thinking about the food in Taiwan. I didn't think of the concert at all!

Q: 你會用什麼形容詞形容你的音樂風格?
A:沒有特別的風格。「按照對方的要求什麼都創作」,當作一分平常的專業繼續下去。
Q: What word would you like to describe your music style?
A: Nothing special. "Composing songs upon other's requests," (and that is my motto,) treating it (composing songs) as an ordinary profession.

Q: 演唱會要消耗很多的體力,你如何維持充沛的體力?平時有運動、健身習慣嗎?飲食上有特別忌口嗎?
A:芭蕾跟gym我都盡可能抽時間去做,但是經常被不同的deadline打擾了節奏。
Q: As performing in a concert require a good stamina, how can you maintain your stamina? Do you physical exercise in the normal days? Do you have any special requirements on food and beverages?
A: I always perform ballet dances and exercise in gym when I'm free, but there are too many deadlines which disrupt my schedule.

Q: 你私底下個人的穿搭風格是什麼?
A:對我來說女性都好像變幻自在的演員般沒有任何的造型是穿不了。
Q: What is your everyday dressing style?
A: For me, every woman is an actress which can perform freely, so nothing I cannot wear in my daily life.

Q: 你曾經說過:「不是最好的作品,就不會端出來」。你的堅持創造了獨一無二及高水準的作品。妳如何看這17年來的堅持?
A:我什麼時候說過這句話呢?真是個傲慢的女人啊。我也忘記了。
Q: You said, "If the songs are not in their best condition, I won't release them". Your persistence helped you to create some extraordinary songs. How you do think about the persistence in these years?
A: When did I say this quote? (The person saying this quote is) Such an arrogant woman. (Anyway,) I have forgotten this persistence.

Q: 你希望歌迷怎麼稱呼你? 女神?女王?歌王?…….
A:那些稱呼全部都不需要了。不用那些拘謹的稱號,輕鬆一點就好了。
Q: Do you want your fans to name you in nicknames, such as goddess, queen etc.?
A: I don't need those nicknames, more specifically, the respectful nicknames. Call me something closer and relaxing (as friends did).
Old 2015.06.29, 10:11 PM   #666
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

There it is. The bolded parts above proves that she doesn't care about the music anymore. It's all business. It explains so much at least.

Also, if you want her to come to your country, you better get cookin' :-p

Speaking about Taiwan. Be VERY careful if you do decide to buy the Taiwan Disc. They are meant to be individually numbered, as a friend showed me from one she purchased at a Taiwanese HMV store... the ones I have seen on Ebay do not show this.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.06.29 at 10:17 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.29, 10:45 PM   #667
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

That article is just sad. But the new song is still a bit better than the last one.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.29, 10:56 PM   #668
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

cute song! but yea I agree it would have sounded MUCH MUCH better without the auto tune...
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.29, 11:02 PM   #669
harry4567

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
There it is. The bolded parts above proves that she doesn't care about the music anymore. It's all business. It explains so much at least.

Also, if you want her to come to your country, you better get cookin' :-p

Speaking about Taiwan. Be VERY careful if you do decide to buy the Taiwan Disc. They are meant to be individually numbered, as a friend showed me from one she purchased at a Taiwanese HMV store... the ones I have seen on Ebay do not show this.
I think it is not individually numbered, UMG Taiwan didn't say anything about the number thingy. And yaay, it is available on Taiwan iTunes Store.
https://itunes.apple.com/tw/album/ch...e/id1002097735

A point to note is that they remastered the tracks with the same configuration of Reimport, which made the "album" quite loud and dreadful to hear. (AND, Ryuukou and A life supreme are NOT the fan voted favourites. They were just forced by UMG afterwards.)

Last edited by harry4567 : 2015.06.29 at 11:12 PM.
Old 2015.06.29, 11:16 PM   #670
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

R.I.P. Shiina Ringo, 1998-2015.

It sounds like more than that she just doesn't care - it almost seems like she's actually come to hate some aspect of her earlier music. Those are not the words of a happy person.

Last edited by zeroryouko : 2015.06.29 at 11:29 PM.
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote