Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2012.10.28, 06:19 PM   #761
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

U forgot Carnation.
Old 2012.10.30, 06:50 AM   #762
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
ZCS has the PV version of Yattsuke Shigoto, and a live recording of Gamble from around the time of GX.
Wait, what about Onaji Yoru? Or did you just not mention it? I thought that was unique to ZCS.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.30, 08:05 AM   #763
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

It is.
Also, if I recall, "So Cold" of WtH excludes the "Gomen" tag at the end (which really, makes the song). Another reason to keep ZCS around.
Old 2012.11.03, 05:07 PM   #764
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

In 2012, what websites do you guys still use to get Japanese music? (besides Amazon Japan, YesAsia, CDJapan, Ebay)

Does Yahoo Japan Auction still work?

Last edited by Inseu : 2012.11.03 at 05:41 PM.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.03, 06:41 PM   #765
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

HMV is what I've tapped for new LPs, and especially for the lowest prices on DVDs. Sometimes shop there for limited edition albums, too. You shouldn't expect them to properly estimate the shipping cost in the beginning, though. They've been known here at EMF to hold already-packaged shipments hostage for more yen than what they originally asked for. I almost got in over my head when 8 of the LPs I ordered turned out to be doubles, but most HMV customers will never see their shipping fee rise quite so sharply.

Yahoo! Japan Auctions is almost completely useless without a deputy service (an entity within Japan who wins the auctions for you and forwards the goods to you). With a deputy service, you can get almost anything you've ever dreamed of from Y!JA - if you've got enough money. Y!JA is a seller's market. Sellers will offer pretty much anything they could legally sell, because they know the system won't let them get ripped off. You can't really snipe an auction, because it will get auto-extended for another 5 minutes. In Y!JA you will often get into bid wars with Japanese consumers, so always try to keep in mind that Japan is/was the world's 2nd largest economy before you fantasize about winning anything for cheap.
Old 2012.11.03, 06:49 PM   #766
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Which deputy service would you personally recommend?
Old 2012.11.03, 06:54 PM   #767
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I got a first press copy of Sanmon Gossip in really good condition recently from otaku.com, and it was quite cheap. I've also picked up second hand copies from Book-off in New York & California, and when my sister traveled to Japan she got me second-hands from Book-off as well.

I recently tried using Y!JA and ending up buying some things as a gift for myself (Ringo Box and some copies of Rockin' on Japan).

Mostly I use CDJapan though.

edit: I attached an image of my magazine collection... because I was wondering if anyone else collects/owns magazines featuring Ringo & Jihen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summer2012Trip_1122.jpg (1.19 MB, 3 views)

Last edited by BlueApple : 2012.11.03 at 07:05 PM.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.03, 07:10 PM   #768
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Which deputy service would you personally recommend?
Depends which country you live in.

Shopping Mall Japan makes enough sense for an American, but if they have no warehouse in your country, then they're probably more expensive for you than they are for me.

The cheapest for you, would be if you could find a Japanese deputy service with an Australian warehouse. It's always the most cost-effective to let your local deputy service make their own arrangements for international shipping, because your goods can get pooled with larger shipments, and the deputy service can under-declare the value to Customs while the deputy service maintains their own internal insurance fund to unofficially cover anything they transport. I'm not saying that any deputy service actually does all that, but they totally could.

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
I was wondering if anyone else collects/owns magazines featuring Ringo & Jihen.
I've got almost 50 magazines, but none of them are as recent as yours.
Old 2012.11.03, 07:28 PM   #769
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Yeah I asked mainly because I want to get hold of some Ringo magazines cheap. I bought one featuring the nurse outfit (the pix on Ringo File) for 5 yen (plus 1200 yen shipping cost.......) from Amazon 3rd party seller and they canceled my order after a day due to lack of stock.

I'm battling myself over buying magazines...for someone not living in Japan, they're luxuries. I mean, I basically have no use for them other than holding them when I sleep (which sounds extremely sick and creepy, not to mention the magazines can be germ infested)...and if I have a girlfriend and she sees my collection of 50 Shiina Ringo magazines, what would she think?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.03, 07:33 PM   #770
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
and if I have a girlfriend and she sees my collection of 50 Shiina Ringo magazines, what would she think?
If you had a GF that got freaked out by that, dump the bitch, or at least let her discover your "loli" bukkake on your computer to give her something to really freak out about