Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.07, 08:53 AM   #21
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

thanks, mizer_unmei!
being an over the hill idol seems so depressing. In fact, the idol industry in general is depressing to me.
Old 2009.04.07, 09:07 AM   #22
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Er, this was pretty unexpected. It irks me seeing Izawa and Ukigumo writing for her as well as SR, though
Even Rie gets the Variety treatment!
Old 2009.04.07, 09:12 PM   #23
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I'm not really surprised they're working together again. I mean it's weird Tomosaka is back but from what I remember they were good friends and I guess those blog post help enforce that? I think Ringo/TJ are turning into more of a pop-mongle now :3 so it'd be a smart idea to have her do a song or two for you. You know.

I think the songs with TJ composing we might have to worry about but if you remember Ringo's other songs for Tomosaka weren't all that too pop and along her lines?
Old 2009.04.08, 03:16 AM   #24
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The Cappuccino single and the Murasaki album were more like standard pop. Shoujo Robot was true Shinjuku-kei - the single more closely followed Shiina Ringo's "signature sound" than any other songs she ever lent out, and moreso than anything (solo-career or band) that's come out beyond Dynamite Out. Some people think OSCA is a recent contender for the "signature sound" - but I think they are too fixated on the vocals to realize there is nothing else even remotely Shinjuku-kei about the track. B.B.Queen comes closer to sounding like Shinjuku-kei than anything else recent, but it still can't hold a candle to Shouso Strip, Shoujo Robot, or ZCS.
Old 2009.04.16, 10:57 PM   #25
幸福論

幸福論 is headed in the right direction

Released on the same day as the new Ringo... Coinciden$e?
Old 2009.04.17, 01:12 AM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I've been thinking ever since the hour zarya posted the news with the 2009.06.24 date - that the two releases were always intended to come out on the same day.

Murasaki and Muzai Moratorium were released on the same day. I doubt that was a coincidence either. You factor that in with the double-releasings this year, and it all seems as deliberate as the symmetries on Shiina Ringo's last two real albums. That's "real albums" with a space between the words, not RealAlbum to be taken as seriously as RealPathetic from RealNetworks.
Old 2009.04.19, 07:48 PM   #27
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

its planned that way, kids.

It wasn't a coincidence that Hirama's album came out the day Adult did either. Its not for competition. The execs know their target audience is going to be in the record store that day, so they're hoping they'll buy more than 1 record.
Old 2009.04.20, 09:23 AM   #28
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

btw, Glath- you were right about EMI reissuing her older stuff again only they're not waiting to see how well her new album sells- "rie tomosaka best +3" will also be released June 24th. I *think* it's same "best" cd from 1999 only they added the 3 songs from the shoujo robot single.
Old 2009.04.20, 11:36 AM   #29
Glathannus
True Final Boss

If that CD really is what you think it is (and I'm not inclined to believe you are wrong on this), then that's just evil. The original Rie Tomosaka Best was almost entirely crap, and now it's going to ride the coat-tails of 3 tracks that are better than the rest of the compilation combined.

If people want Shoujo Robot (with its awesome B-sides), they should be able to just buy that on its own - not buy it with a bunch of tracks that Shiina Ringo had nothing to do with. EMI could just reissue Murasaki with the whole Shoujo Robot single tacked onto the end of it, and this wouldn't be anymore sacrilegious than tacking A-Sides onto the ends of MoRA albums. Murasaki was so much better than Rie Tomosaka Best, and it wasn't solely because of the tracks that Shiina Ringo had a hand in.
Old 2009.04.20, 08:41 PM   #30
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

some information from Tomosaka Rie's blog:

4/16 & 4/17

they went photographing these days, and there will be a promotion video of Tokai no Manaa!