Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.28, 01:06 AM   #51
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
as for the instruments, I read somewhere ringo played all the instruments you hear in torikoshi kurou and most of the instruments along the album as she recorded the album on her own computer in her own house and she would usually record each instrument entirely seperate and by itself in one room, then add the all together on the computer later. therefore it would seem she would own most of them as it wasn't made in a studio traditionally.
Yep, it's here.

As for Saitou Neko's participation in this song, which will be part of Sanmon Gossip, I feel like saying "I told you so", but maybe I'll wait juuuuuust a bit more~
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 03:04 AM   #52
merman

merman is an asset to this community

It's sort of interesting when you think of KZK as a "computer record", and not something done with a band in a studio. It shows how far you can go with sampling and a computer.
BTW Utada had this interlude track on her Deep River album where Neko played a violin.. and that was just a violin. So his participation doesn't have to equal full orchestra...
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 03:14 AM   #53
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by merman View Post
BTW Utada had this interlude track on her Deep River album where Neko played a violin.. and that was just a violin. So his participation doesn't have to equal full orchestra...
Omg, where did you found that?
My Utada fanboy pride is feeling not so good...

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. It's in the booklet. I never looked at it after I entered the world of Ringo fanboyism, where I really got to know who Saitou Neko is.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.04.28 at 03:20 AM.
Old 2009.04.28, 03:24 AM   #54
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Neko is actually really good at what he does, he is a genius with an orchestra and a complete psycho on violin, we are just a bit overexposed and sick of him recently. but still, for every HF there is work like what he did on Onaji Yoru and the original Meisai.

I'm still anticipating this track. I'm going to hold out for it a bit longer.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 03:55 AM   #55
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
for every HF there is work like what he did on Onaji Yoru and the original Meisai.

Which is basically what "Meisai" is all about. Sometimes I forget how much I love that ending violin crazy-player "thing <3

Well, ok, I'll let Saitou join the new album crew as long as he only uses his violin. As long as everyone is inspired and Ringo takes full control of things, the final result could be good. HF and Variety are better known for being collaborative albums, most of all.
Old 2009.04.28, 03:58 AM   #56
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

He did work on Onaji Yoru?

It's not that much of a big deal that he's joining. After working so closely with SR for all these years, I'd find it weird that she would suddenly exclude him.

Just as long as it's one or two songs...
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 04:48 AM   #57
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I'd find it weird that she would suddenly exclude him.
It's a knee-jerk reaction, because we mostly think everything wrong about Ringo's more recent career phase is his fault (and some other guy that has always been by Ringo's side).

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.04.28 at 04:52 AM.
Old 2009.04.28, 05:54 AM   #58
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Does everybody hate the album because of Neko? I never thought his arrangements were bad.
Really, I thought all the hate comes more from the fact that most of it wasn't new, not because there was an orchestra.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 06:14 AM   #59
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Does everybody hate the album because of Neko? I never thought his arrangements were bad.
Really, I thought all the hate comes more from the fact that most of it wasn't new, not because there was an orchestra.
I don't hate the album
I just hate Neko
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 10:32 AM   #60
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

and why do you hate neko? It'd supposedly be because you hate HF... then if you don't hate
why?

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote