Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.12.09, 08:17 AM   #1
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction
Default nico nico douga

I saw someone link to a youtube version of a O.S.C.A. that was originally from nico nico douga. That made me want to open this thread.

I wondered is anyone else besides me registered on nico nico douga? I certainly would love to have someone to ask my questions to about this site. But for right now, I would be satisfied by anyone who is a member of the site.

For those who have no idea what nico nico douga is... well I can't exactly tell you, but I can say its like the japanese youtube. A lot of japanese videos on youtube are from nico nico in the first place. Here is a link to the site.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/

You need to register to view any videos and the registering is in japanese, but don't be scared its almost exactly the same as registering in an english forum.

Okay I hope I can have someone to discuss nico nico with.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 12:56 PM   #2
Ladymercury

Ladymercury pleased at least somebody

I'm registered on nico nico douga. I go on that site for the lulz. XD Those crazy japanese
Ladymercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 01:27 PM   #3
jigenbakuda

talk about funny, the site's canging icon in the top left coner entertains me so. To here some of the game commentary is funny. Also the music section is full of "interesting" stuff.

Can you read japanese? I know the site is way more enjoyable if you can read japanese.
Old 2007.12.09, 02:49 PM   #4
Ladymercury

Yeah, I can. Actually, it is. The video comments have me rolling all the time, especially when you go and watch the Prince of Tennis videos.

The lulz that the Japanese provide. Its like 2ch's version of YouTube.

XD
Old 2007.12.09, 06:54 PM   #5
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

I just found 2 Appa's songs on Nico Nico Douga.

Appa - Ikasama
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1168629
Appa - Kimochiyo
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1158441
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 08:25 PM   #6
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Ladymercury View Post
Yeah, I can. Actually, it is. The video comments have me rolling all the time, especially when you go and watch the Prince of Tennis videos.

The lulz that the Japanese provide. Its like 2ch's version of YouTube.

XD
iina... I can't read japanese yet, I've only been studying a year. I figure fumbling around on japanese site are both fun and educational. So I love doing it. But Since I have no teacher, I just kinda do weird stuff like this to get extra expose to the japanese language.

Why do the japanese love idol m@ster and prince of tennis so much? But I wish I could read all the comments, I catch the ones in hiragana sometimes, but its really fast... What do you usually watch on nico, or should I say what channel do you frequent? I generally stay in the games and music sections.

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe View Post
I just found 2 Appa's songs on Nico Nico Douga.

Appa - Ikasama
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1168629
Appa - Kimochiyo
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1158441 5 Hours Ago 03:49 PM

I had no idea that appa was that cool. Both of those songs get my stamp of approval. I am a jazz junkie (particuliarly the trio format) and I haven't heard it in a while. I might have to start obsessing over appa, man they are my style. Do you frequent nico miss Scherbe?
Old 2007.12.10, 06:15 AM   #7
Ladymercury

Mostly because nico nico douga is filled with anime otakus. The PoT jokes are hilarious and mostly poke fun at the obvious of the musicals.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/1410502/1538735 <-- My favorites
Old 2007.12.10, 06:55 AM   #8
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

im registered there and found the new A LUNCH single there also a parody ver of muzai moratorium XD

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 09:32 AM   #9
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Ladymercury View Post
Mostly because nico nico douga is filled with anime otakus. The PoT jokes are hilarious and mostly poke fun at the obvious of the musicals.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/1410502/1538735 <-- My favorites
Oh god your favorites are priceless. I could comment on each one, but I won't. But I will comment on the marisa stole the precious thing and the rape vid.

Marisa
I fucking love that song and IOSYS rocks so hard. Now to see prince of tennis included is just so wonderful. It was too funny. Both of the ones I saw were top tier vids.

Rape vid

What is that from? Can't read it yet, but it looked pretty, funny (I know I'm weird...) I can read violence and cutie honey, but nothing else I couldn't see the whole vid though, it messed up around the time she spit in the dudes face. My pc is rebelling...

[EDIT] I saw most of the vid after I went back. Oh it was so funny to me. "Honey flash", lmao. Was that some time of manga or anime before...?

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
im registered there and found the new A LUNCH single there also a parody ver of muzai moratorium XD
Could you please give me a link so I can see it too?

Also can you read japanese too miss yahiko (I hope you are a woman, or I'll be very embarrassed)?

Last edited by jigenbakuda : 2007.12.10 at 09:40 AM. Reason: saw most of the vid
Old 2007.12.10, 06:36 PM   #10
Ladymercury

The jail vid is from an episode of Cutie Honey the Live, a live action television show based on Cutie Honey.