Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.03.28, 03:22 AM   #131
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Hahaha.. Shinji, you jerk! :p
;D

My point was, if you don't hear well, you may hear something different than what Variety is really like, which means only you know what you like about it.

Anyway, I love all the TJ albums, the order being Adult > Kyoiku > Variety. But I'm one of those who says Variey rocks very much, so, yeah, whatever. Jerk may be cute sometimes, but sometimes it's not~

KSK is above all those three, anyway.

EDIT: Wooo~ I'm in the top of page 13, 14 and 15 of this topic. How good can this get?

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.03.28 at 03:27 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.28, 08:40 AM   #132
Honcho

Honcho pleased at least somebody

Cosmo said:

I've read and heard a lot of claims that KSK dried up her creative well and she formed Tokyo Jihen as an excuse to either a. make life easier for herself by write simpler material or b. keep herself from having to admit that she won't be able to eclipse it, and I'm starting to think that maybe these claims are true. After all, she must have accepted input from the musicians she worked with while she was a solo artist, so it's not as if she was ever completely on her own and has finally had enough of it.

uffiethesock said:

Originally Posted by Honcho
I mean, maybe Radiohead will never be able to eclipse The Bends nor OK Computer but they still work together as a band!.

Eww, I think each of their albums after OK Computer were much superior to (and more listenable than) those two.

Well, okay.. on a good day.
@fluffiethesock : Well... I prefer Amnesiac, but that's the masses opinion about OK C and TB, because those were created in the band's best moment, when they had all the media's attention.

And that's all I have to say about Radiohead. This is a TJ forum

What I was trying to say is that every artist has moments in his/her life that change his/her way of making music, and those moments are very different from one artist to another. You just can't generalize by saying that a choice was taken for only two reasons, just because you were disappointed by the change.

PS: I love this forum ^^

Last edited by Honcho : 2008.03.28 at 08:58 AM.
Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.28, 02:10 PM   #133
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Wait. My mind is blown. I thought it was common knowledge that there was a vacuum cleaner at the beginning of the song. I thought Frex was referring to something other than the vacuum that I couldn't remember being in the song. Weird.
Old 2008.03.28, 02:16 PM   #134
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Wait. My mind is blown. I thought it was common knowledge that there was a vacuum cleaner at the beginning of the song. I thought Frex was referring to something other than the vacuum that I couldn't remember being in the song. Weird.
Same here. It never once entered my mind that it was anything but a hoover (vacuum )
Old 2008.03.28, 05:55 PM   #135
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Hahaha, no. I guess I never knew it was a vacuum. It just always sounded like a dentist's drill to me. Then again, I have often had cavities drilled to the sounds of the radio playing in the dentist's office, so maybe that's why it sounded so familiar to me.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.28, 06:17 PM   #136
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
And I never went to a dentist in my life. That's probably why I don't recognize that kind of sound/ambient. And probably why my teeth are so beautiful~
Even with seemingly perfect teeth you should always go for check ups. I go every 6 months, whether I have a problem or not.
Old 2008.03.28, 06:33 PM   #137
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I've never been to the dentist either Shinji! Up top!

Kernal mouths unite!
Old 2008.03.28, 06:50 PM   #138
Inaudible-Whisper

Edit:

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2008.03.28 at 06:54 PM. Reason: I didn't realise how awful my original comment sounded, and you'll never know what it was :p
Inaudible-Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.04, 03:04 PM   #139
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Does your obi look like mine?
You might have first-press.
Old 2008.04.04, 03:22 PM   #140
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I believe one or both of those goodies, are exclusive to the first-press. I'm not completely sure about it, because I haven't actually opened my first-press copy(s). Second-press was what I got my hands on first, long before I even knew there were different pressings, and it's been years since I've seen the inside of my second-press copy. (I tend to open my CDs once, do some extra-scientific ripping, then stash the CD in a bin and never touch it again) I'll take a second look at it when I get back home.

And by the way, where did you get your copy from (and was it new)? I was under the impression that all the retailers were already sold-out on first-press (whether they declare it or not).