Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.10.02, 02:57 PM   #11
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ya it's gonna be 30 mins long(short), AFAIK

The timing's around right for the new single anyway.

Save for 1 brand new old Petrolz song bastardised.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.02, 03:06 PM   #12
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
since its a festival type of gig, they wont have much stage time so if they're attending in full business/promo mode, were going to hear the new single and SG material.

i dont know what BigMama and Ogre You Asshole sound like, but glad to see they will be there!
the set list from 06/07 was:

1.himitsu
2.kenka joutou
3.maru no uchi sadistic
4.ringo no uta
5.gunjou biyori
6.oiran
7.mirror ball
8.yume no ato
09. black out
10. toumei ningen

compared to other band's, jihen was no talk, all business. ringo didn't do a lengthy MC, the band came out and played non stop from beginning to end, and they were the headliners on the stage that night (taking the prime time position. they were followed up by ellegarden but by then it was already around 9PM which is usually late by Japan concert standards).

compared to who is playing, Jihen is going to DEFINITELY play earth stage again (the biggest area, there are usually about 5 stages of varying sizes. Earth Stage can easily fit about 5,000 people) and I bet they will headline the night they are on. You can probably expect another 10 song set list or so, which isn't so bad. I've actually never seen Jihen in a full length solo concert, just at Countdown Japan and both Society of the Citizens Vol. 2 shows (where they did a 10 song set as well), so I'm guessing this will be a 10 song set.

as for what they will play, I bet they will play a mixture of old jihen, a new debut, and a solo song or two. they can't easily play any of the songs off SG (due to almost every track being a collaboration) so unless Mummy D is making an appearance, the only track that I could see them playing off SG is Yokyou. Ryuukou is totally suited for Jihen but without Mummy D that song would be total fail

edit: roudousha is actually a really good suggestion, this would totally fit Jihen too, although the piano chords always make me think of Maru no Uchi so I'm not sure they would play both together.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.10.02 at 03:10 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.02, 08:53 PM   #13
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm putting my money on "Ariamaru Tomi" getting played. Whatever happened to rock versions of Marunouchi Sadistic, by the way...?
Old 2009.10.03, 08:22 AM   #14
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I wanna go to this show. But it's 1 man yen :-(
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.07, 02:36 PM   #15
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
since its a festival type of gig, they wont have much stage time so if they're attending in full business/promo mode, were going to hear the new single and SG material.

i dont know what BigMama and Ogre You Asshole sound like, but glad to see they will be there!
I heard Ogre you asshole on TV twice and they were the first Japanese band Ive heard that sounds like the kind of indie rock that would sell out in Boston (maybe NYC, DC and no where else).
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.08, 12:06 PM   #16
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
Whatever happened to rock versions of Marunouchi Sadistic, by the way...?
It died along with the rock version of Shiina Ringo.
Old 2009.10.08, 12:32 PM   #17
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I actually managed to watch the NHK performances at last...I think those were her worst performances I've seen. I never thought I'd ever see SR look awkward and out of place on stage, but lo and behold...Ryuukou Live.

So these performances can't come soon enough.
Old 2009.10.12, 07:39 AM   #18
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I actually managed to watch the NHK performances at last...I think those were her worst performances I've seen. I never thought I'd ever see SR look awkward and out of place on stage, but lo and behold...Ryuukou Live.

So these performances can't come soon enough.
HOLY SHIT TOEJAM AND EARL!? YOU ARE BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE!
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.12, 12:45 PM   #19
Scribble R

You are second better than other people for noticing (you better recognise) and loving Toe-ta-ta-toe-toe-toe-ta-Toejam and Earl.

ATCHOO!
Old 2009.11.20, 12:49 AM   #20
Scribble R

http://rijfes.co.jp/countdownjapan/0910/timetable.html

Earth Stage, 19:15. They're playing directly after The HIATUS, so it looks like it worked out for Izawa =P