Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Choose your favourite among the MM songs.
正しい街 (Tadashii machi) 8 11.27%
歌舞伎町の女王 (Kabukichou no joou) 13 18.31%
丸の内サディスティック (Marunouchi sadistic) 20 28.17%
幸福論 -悦楽編- (Koufukuron -etsuraku hen-) 3 4.23%
茜さす帰路照らされど... (Akane sasu kiro terasaredo...) 5 7.04%
シドと白昼夢 (Sid to hakuchuumu) 2 2.82%
積木遊び (Tsumiki asobi) 7 9.86%
ここでキスして。 (Koko de kiss shite.) 3 4.23%
同じ夜 (Onaji yoru) 3 4.23%
警告 (Keikoku) 5 7.04%
モルヒネ (Morphine) 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.05.23, 10:05 AM   #31
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Mods can change the title anyway. |=P

And I'm just saying, this is an english-speaking forum, so its a little lame to be putting the kanji/kana title for something rather than putting roman chars that we all use and know.
Old 2007.05.23, 12:20 PM   #32
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Needlessly pretentious is right. I was saying that to you as an admin, please refrain. Not really trying to persuade you.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.23, 02:29 PM   #33
k3nj1kun

k3nj1kun pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Mods can change the title anyway. |=P

And I'm just saying, this is an english-speaking forum, so its a little lame to be putting the kanji/kana title for something rather than putting roman chars that we all use and know.
how about the japanese readers?
we can't read the songs in the titles we are used to?
k3nj1kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.23, 02:52 PM   #34
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

this is an english-speaking forum
Not be all self-important, but the general deal of this board is to be for fans of Shiina who know english/are western/ or otherwise don't know Japanese. There's no requirement that you need to learn the japanese language to be a fan of the music, thus its not in the interest of the community for suddenly every song/album title/lyric be written in japanese. Why? Cuz the majority doesn't just intuitively comprehend it. I had to focus on the katakana to understand what the thread was about before I clicked on it, and it's highly probable someone wouldn't even enter the thread because they didn't understand. I can speak hindi, but I don't think it would be very appropriate of me to bring up a meaningful thread in the language.

In situations where we're quoting a press release that uses kana or we're breaking news and just know the kana for whatever being reported, that's ok. However it is unreasonable to assume everyone has memorized what each title "looks like" in japanese. You seem to be doing fine in the english-speaking forum anyway, kenji.
Old 2007.05.24, 05:22 AM   #35
k3nj1kun

k3nj1kun pleased at least somebody

Not be all self-important, but the general deal of this board is to be for fans of Shiina who know english/are western/ or otherwise don't know Japanese. There's no requirement that you need to learn the japanese language to be a fan of the music, thus its not in the interest of the community for suddenly every song/album title/lyric be written in japanese. Why? Cuz the majority doesn't just intuitively comprehend it. I had to focus on the katakana to understand what the thread was about before I clicked on it, and it's highly probable someone wouldn't even enter the thread because they didn't understand. I can speak hindi, but I don't think it would be very appropriate of me to bring up a meaningful thread in the language.

In situations where we're quoting a press release that uses kana or we're breaking news and just know the kana for whatever being reported, that's ok. However it is unreasonable to assume everyone has memorized what each title "looks like" in japanese. You seem to be doing fine in the english-speaking forum anyway, kenji.
i dont mean this in a rude way.. but it sounds like ur only complaining because of your inability of reading katakana or kanji.. and your 'speaking' on behalf of everyone..
that to me is very self-centered.. *im turning evil*

likewise with frecklegirl... pretentious..
who's really pretentious? listening to japanese music..can u converse fluently in japanese? write in japanese? understand japanese? 話せる?書ける?分ける?ところで、日本人じゃないだろう..

*im turning into some evil nut*

peace!
k3nj1kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.24, 06:42 AM   #36
Tokyo Jihad

And yet we fail to read the statement just after the bold
I had to focus on the katakana to understand what the thread was about before I clicked on it,
And yes I can read kana (and some kanji, not the ones in the album's title however.) And yeah, I'm speaking on behalf of everyone, because this is one of those abundant times where I'm in the right. The majority here can't just intuitively read japanese characters, yet all can read roman characters --its all about being inclusive.

And picking a fight with Frex historically isn't the greatest decision a poster can do (and it is kinda funny how its happened exactly before, now that i think about it.)
Old 2007.05.24, 07:00 AM   #37
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Reacting in this needlessly uptight way against the use of an original title (ie, title, not in a text) (one of the true major titles) is needlessly uptight. But, I guess I don't care. I just can't edit the title here.

(and I don't really believe Texans at power)
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.24, 08:06 AM   #38
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Oh, COME ON now!
That's below the belt!

I think it's a better idea to start distrusting someone when they not only ask for power (and more of it once they have some), but also when they ask for increasing amounts of secrecy.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.24, 08:15 AM   #39
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Calling FreckleGirl (the Texan at power) to thread!
Old 2007.05.24, 09:02 AM   #40
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

I voted for Marunouchi Sadistic. Actually when I listen to MM, I usually listen to only first 4 songs and skip all the other songs.

*edit : Oh, I'm sorry. I was a bit off-topic, different from above comments.
on-topic : then how about using both kanji(japanese) and romanji? *

Last edited by pariscombo : 2007.05.24 at 09:13 AM.
pariscombo is offline   Reply With Quote