Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.11.13, 07:20 PM   #131
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
12. Noudouteki Sanpunkan -- <snip> Has anyone tried to make ramen in the time it takes this song to elapse? Do it and put it on YouTube!
I just went and did that.

www.nipponthebus.com

http://www.nipponthebus.com/?p=1751
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.15, 08:34 PM   #132
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

haha, nice!
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.17, 07:14 AM   #133
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Nice!

For scientific purposes, I think having the microwave countdown clock synchronized onscreen with the Noudouteki Sanpunkan video countdown clock, with you eating the result all in one take would have been aces.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.19, 08:46 PM   #134
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Noudouteki Sanpunkan and her obsession with synchronization makes me wonder about it and the same kind of fixation about symmetry: what would have been some songs if they had not been thought and composed under these limits that work great for the overall product, the album itself, but might be lacking in convenience/benefit when it comes to the song, the part of the whole.

With this I'm not arguing that her symmetry play is automatically a negative thing, but I can't help wondering about the part-whole relationship: back on the Ultra C topic, as soon as Season Sayonara begins, I'm instantly thinking how nicely and precisely placed the keyboard solo is, but dissapointment invades always my mind at that very moment when I notice once again that it lasts only 12 seconds long. And it pisses me off, and I wonder again "what if it didn't have to be matched with Sweet Spot".

What's more, I've only realized how truly brilliant HZM and Izawa could be the first time I saw/listened to them with PE'Z and Appa respectively; they surely don't show the most of them, they are not as free as they could be with such inflexible limits.

Interesting feature to the overall, probably damaging to the part.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.22, 01:35 PM   #135
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but I think I may have the "Ultra C" mystery solved.
From the Wikipedia Article "Ultra Q":

...The original planned title of this project was UNBALANCE, and was subsequently renamed Ultra Q (inspired by "Oba-Q", the nickname of the title character of the then-popular anime series Obake no Q-Taro, and "Ultra C", a popular term used for women's gymnastics during the 1964 Summer Olympics, where a Russian gymnast created an extremely difficult maneuver called the "Ultra C"). The series was produced beforehand all through 1965 (it went in production as far back as 1964) and was broadcast at the beginning of the next year. At the time, this was the most expensive TV series in Japan.
@Mr Sands: Hahaha, that's great!
Old 2011.01.22, 04:48 PM   #136
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
I don't know if anyone posted this already, but I think I may have the "Ultra C" mystery solved.
From the Wikipedia Article "Ultra Q":
So interesting! Thanks a lot for posting this, I was still wondering where the Ultra C thing came from, haha! So it's all sports-related, then. Cool.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.30, 07:24 AM   #137
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Ringo doing the Charleston while singing manouchi sadistic.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.23, 09:34 AM   #138
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

So! I got my Dad to watch Ultra C with me.
He gave up a third of the way through, but these were his comments around "Ikiru" (right before he left)

1. "This is weird music..."
2. "I don't really know what it is, but it's rough..."
3. "For example, they use a lot of minor cords"
4. "Also because of her voice; it's very shrill"
5. "They are tight though; they all play very well"

My Dad is also a drummer, so he noticed right away that Hata was a left-hand drummer (something I never noticed)
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.23, 10:12 AM   #139
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
4. "Also because of her voice; it's very shrill"
I cannot tell you how many friends/acquaintances I've tried to introduce Shiina Ringo to, only to hear this. This is the reason.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.23, 10:55 AM   #140
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
I cannot tell you how many friends/acquaintances I've tried to introduce Shiina Ringo to, only to hear this. This is the reason.
Yeah. Even my friends who are into harder stuff can't look past the "shrillness". Oddly enough I personally never thought of her as shrill when I first got into her. I've mostly just given up.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote