Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.10.16, 07:02 AM   #61
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
frecklegirl, regarding the title, it could definitely go either way. to me there are two very distinct meanings here. if it is referring to minutes, the kan is referring to time, and it would connote an active span of 3 minutes. if it is correlating to sanbun, as in three parts, the kan would denote the meaning of space. so the meaning either refers to three active minutes or to three active but separate pieces. I'd say the title is probably self-referencial, so either the title is referring to the actual song in length and activity (kind of like Killer Tune had a title referring to itself) or it is referring to three separate active groups within. probably minutes like you said.
Oh really? Have you ever seen that 間 follow something in this manner that was not a measure of time? I think the 'three minutes' meaning is pretty crystal clear here, and I definitely don't think it could go either way. "An active division into three parts in space"? Uhhhh....... no. XD If you argue this further you're basically debating just to debate. Pleaaase can we stick to logic/reality here and not proving a point for no reason. You know it means three minutes and not "division into three parts in space" which makes no sense, so it is definitely sanpunkan.
Old 2009.10.16, 07:29 AM   #62
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I wonder if this is going to be like So Solid Crew's 21 Seconds (British EMFers will know what I mean), but with the Tokyo Jihen members taking turns in the 'relay'.

You've got three minutes to go
You've got three minutes to go
If your name's 'kigumo
And not Ringo
You've got a good three minutes before you gotta go
Old 2009.10.16, 10:38 AM   #63
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
Nah, those are just the artists that Oricon subscribers want to perform.

Note Amuro Namie and Arashi being on there.
Ah, I guess that's for the best anyway. Still, I think AT would be much more suited for a show like Kouhaku than Shuraba was.
I love the new promo pics. I'm predicting this album will have some horn fanfare on it, and maybe some Queen-ish songs or something like "Eye of the Tiger".
I think Yahiko has already figured out the album name. Hahaha.
EDIT: We ought to figure out when the previews are likely to come out.

Last edited by Entry№1 : 2009.10.16 at 10:50 AM.
Old 2009.10.16, 01:59 PM   #64
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

XD I'm in shock at the new picture of Jihen. I couldnt even find which one was Shiina :[ but I am pretty blind atm. Thanks for updates you guys @_@ surprised i could squint my way through this thread.

I hope we get a sample of the song soon!
Old 2009.10.16, 02:42 PM   #65
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Oh really? Have you ever seen that 間 follow something in this manner that was not a measure of time? I think the 'three minutes' meaning is pretty crystal clear here, and I definitely don't think it could go either way. "An active division into three parts in space"? Uhhhh....... no. XD If you argue this further you're basically debating just to debate. Pleaaase can we stick to logic/reality here and not proving a point for no reason. You know it means three minutes and not "division into three parts in space" which makes no sense, so it is definitely sanpunkan.
um, chill pill, you should take it. two days ago this was all rumor and when romaji/meaning is considered you gotta look at things from every angle possible. and yes, my host family's name was 草間, kusama, which means "amongst/amidst the grass." there is a possibly in this situation the kanji for aida can be read kan *or* ma, it could be sanpunkan, or sanbunma, the first clearly referring to a span of three minutes and the later the spaces between two distinct bodies of mass. Given the picture I think we should stick with sanpunkan, but please frecklechill, chill out, you sounded kind of psychotic in that post.
Old 2009.10.16, 02:53 PM   #66
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I wonder if this is going to be like So Solid Crew's 21 Seconds (British EMFers will know what I mean), but with the Tokyo Jihen members taking turns in the 'relay'.
That would be immense if they done it like that

"I got 21 seconds till my vocals done
2 multiplied by 10, plus 1
Ringo done.

They have to do it like that, they really do.
Old 2009.10.16, 07:54 PM   #67
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
um, chill pill, you should take it. two days ago this was all rumor and when romaji/meaning is considered you gotta look at things from every angle possible. and yes, my host family's name was 草間, kusama, which means "amongst/amidst the grass." there is a possibly in this situation the kanji for aida can be read kan *or* ma, it could be sanpunkan, or sanbunma, the first clearly referring to a span of three minutes and the later the spaces between two distinct bodies of mass. Given the picture I think we should stick with sanpunkan, but please frecklechill, chill out, you sounded kind of psychotic in that post.
haha, I really wasn't. "XD"... yup, that really screams crazy! I was mostly TRYING to preempt a 3-page Japanese debate between us since you're generally predisposed to argue anything to death. uh, case in point, the above. XD which I'm definitely not going to dignify with a counter-argument. Like I said, you really will just argue anything for the sake of it, even things that clearly mean one thing. @_@

buttttt yeah. The misspellings begin... I have also seen "sanfunkan" on where it was reported on aramatheydidnt. This also happened when the same kanji was used in the title of a Naruto episode, as I have discovered via Google (it also meant "three minutes" there). Oh well, I'm not going to fight anyone on it. (haha, starting.. NOW!)
Old 2009.10.16, 10:42 PM   #68
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

the peeps on 2ch have given up the band disbanding/new member rumors and have instead moved on to surmising a sports theme for the new album (even before the image showed up!) and a release date of late january/late february with the tour starting in march/april.
Old 2009.10.17, 02:15 AM   #69
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

nooo not march
Old 2009.10.17, 04:30 AM   #70
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

So they're still following the TV program theme. Educational, adult, variety, and now sports. Interesting.
Closed Thread