Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.10.01, 09:10 AM   #51
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yeah, I guess I don't understand why there was only one person in that entire PV. Then again she didn't show up in "Ariamaru Tomi" either so I guess it's no big deal.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.01, 09:35 AM   #52
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

She's not human after all LOL. Hmmm, I hope she's coming back soon... I'd even like to listen to some Tokyo Jihen new stuff.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.01, 10:17 AM   #53
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Yeah, I guess I don't understand why there was only one person in that entire PV. Then again she didn't show up in "Ariamaru Tomi" either so I guess it's no big deal.
It's probably the director's attempt to be 'artistic'

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
She's not human after all LOL. Hmmm, I hope she's coming back soon... I'd even like to listen to some Tokyo Jihen new stuff.
I'm guessing TJ's new single will drop around the new year...
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.02, 10:26 PM   #54
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've been listening to "My Foolish Heart" a few times now and though it's not something I'd usually say, I think Shiina spoils it! in fact I think any vocalist would spoil it for me. I would much prefer this as just an instrumental because I love that part of it, I find the vocals distracting. :/
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.02, 10:44 PM   #55
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I'm half expecting Shiina to announce that she's going to ditch Tokyo Jihen and her solo career to be the singing front for this band. O_o
imkookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.03, 11:14 AM   #56
CKSI

CKSI pleased at least somebody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mN758AeZxM

Here it is for those who are interested...

CKSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.03, 11:25 AM   #57
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh, thanks a bunch!
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.04, 02:49 PM   #58
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Good to hear ~crazy in Shibuya~... thanks!
Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I've been listening to "My Foolish Heart" a few times now and though it's not something I'd usually say, I think Shiina spoils it! in fact I think any vocalist would spoil it for me. I would much prefer this as just an instrumental because I love that part of it, I find the vocals distracting. :/
It must be a very hard part to sing... I've actually decided to admire the way she throws herself into the song in the first version we heard, it's jarring but it's also passionate and fun, and I've had withdrawal symptoms when I couldn't listen to the lalalas this week. I adore the harmonies in the horn arrangement and drumming on the way out of the song. On the other album version ~crazy in mind~ Motoharu's saxophone plays that same part but the rhythm is swung differently, I wouldn't have recognised it as the same song at first.

I've taken to the second half of the album from Quartz and Chronometer (07) onwards. My favourite tracks are all together: Paraiso (08), My Foolish Heart ~crazy on earth~ ft. Shiina Ringo (09) and Mirror Boy (10).

Paraiso's a dancey, Brazilian-influenced nu-jazz track, heavy samba beats hit midway through but when they clear and you just hear Josei's piano and female backing vocals it truly is heaven. Plus the Pimp yells something you can't make out, which is always a good thing. Mirror Boy is just sensational, really really good! It's got a gorgeous loping rhythm that just catches you and won't let go. It also at times recalls dubby influences from earlier in the album (Pigbag, Q&C). I'd love to hear this in a club.

On Satsuriku to Heiwa (13) the Pimps rock out... I'm not sure what I make of it but it's different!
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.04, 05:25 PM   #59
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

monobright's song with Soil and Pimp Sessions

joy joy experience
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.04, 07:54 PM   #60
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! crazy in shibuya rly nice!!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote