Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What is your 2011 opinion of VARIETY?
I hate it, and always will! 6 24.00%
I didn't like it in 2007/when I first heard it, but am more keen now 6 24.00%
I loved it in 2007/when I first heard it. but dislike it now 0 0%
I loved it, and still love it! 10 40.00%
I was indifferent, and still indifferent. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011.12.21, 10:57 PM   #21
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
So then do you think "Onna no ko wa dare demo" is a better song than "Tegami" or "Kimaru" or "pinnochio" or "21 seki"?
Yes, I like it more than all mentioned except Pinnochio. Did you choose 21 Seiki by accident? That song is pretty much the least favourite on Daihakken to a lot of people...

But Ringo's songs are all mainly better than the boy's. I'd like to see Uki, Izawa, HZM or Hirama write a song like Jusui Negai. We will have to see what Hata writes like, who knows, he might be awesome.

I'm just saying... Kyoiku and Adult are the favourites... and they are far more Ringo penned than the latest 3...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.12.21 at 11:12 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.22, 12:44 AM   #22
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by W3iHong View Post
There is no option for:

"sometimes I do, sometimes I don't"

Then, what do you think about Dai hakken. It seems that way to me too.
I like Discovery more because the ratio of songs I like to songs I dont like is higher and didnt get bored compared to Variety. There's more interesting compositions.

Songs like SSAW, Metro, Kronekodow, Ramp, Vengeance dont have the elusive 'it' factor that leaves a lasting impression. Its not a knock on Izawa or Ukigumo's songwriting as they've made many good songs, theres just not enough of them on Variety. Ringo has written her share of duds too. I take it all in as part of the creative process of seeing an artist evolve.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.22, 06:35 AM   #23
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I'd like to see ... HZM ... write a song like Jusui Negai.
I feel duty-bound to defend HZM here. Some of his songs on 5+2=11 and Pianohead are great -- and more experimental than Shiina's own compositions/arrangements.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.22, 07:05 AM   #24
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Don't diss HZM without listening to Pianohead. It's fantastic.
I like Uki, but I would be PERFECTLY fine with Izawa leaving and HZM coming back.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.22, 11:00 AM   #25
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ringo became 'just as bad' as the others from the Sports-era (a step down from Sanmon Gossip, even!)

That being said, doesn't Kachi Ikusa sound like it comes from the same part of Ringo that wrote Marunouchi Sadistic and Suberidai, but is ruined by the awkward English vocals and 'twonky' arrangement, making it sound like a rather, um, afflicted version of those songs? (FeEeEeVeR indeed!)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2011.12.22 at 11:05 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.22, 11:08 AM   #26
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Ringo became 'just as bad' as the others from the Sports-era (a step down from Sanmon Gossip, even!)
Thank you
Old 2011.12.22, 11:48 AM   #27
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Kachi-ikusa made my Dad (a guy who likes The Beatles, The Allman Brothers Band, Eric Clapton, etc.) who normally ignores whatever music I'm listening to, ask me what band it was. So, success?
I disagree. Noudouteki Sanpunkan is fantastic. Tengoku and the Carnation single were great. Zettai Zetsumei was really good too. I definitely think Ringo is still the best songwriter. The worst songs are the ones that she has the least involvement in. The best are the ones that she has the most. (Yes, there are exceptions but that's the overall rule)
IMHO, Noudouteki Sanpunkan is one of Ringo's best ever.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.22, 02:30 PM   #28
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I like the likes of Kachi Ikusa.

I will seek out these HZM albums, but they better be better than KZK and more experimental than Jun Togawa now that you've hyped them :-p (just kidding).

The main thing Tokyo Jihen need in the future is less. Not less music, less stuff going on in their songs. Strip that shit down. If you know what I mean. Surely people will agree with me on that one?
Old 2011.12.23, 07:13 AM   #29
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I will seek out these HZM albums, but they better be better than KZK and more experimental than Jun Togawa now that you've hyped them :-p (just kidding).
That's a tall order . And he's not as experimental as KSK-era Shiina (or Jun Togawa), just more experimental than what she was doing during the same time frame (2007-10 ish).
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.24, 05:04 PM   #30
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

I played it a lot the first year or so after it came out. I think there are some very strong cuts, but at the same time I feel it fails as an album, partly because there are some very horrible tracks as well, partly because it doesn't flow all that well even aside from the bombs on it. I don't feel that there's a poll option that quite fits my view, but I guess the last one is closest.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote