Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2018.06.19, 05:47 AM   #1131
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Just heard "shinigami" (thanks for the link up!) - it sounds nothing like ayu, but it's very reminiscent of some of the best anime op/ed themes of the noughties (2001-2010). I enjoyed it.

Chikyuu saigo no futari sounds like it would fit right at home on one of the "Reimports" (maybe the first one rather than the second) or SR's tribute album.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.19, 06:36 AM   #1132
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
IMO it sounds like Chara meets SR, and it's surely better than SR's latest songs

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.19, 06:52 AM   #1133
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^Chara is actually spot on! Especially her most recent album Sympathy!
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.19, 07:05 PM   #1134
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Also, while I'm posting slightly older tracks that were missed in the downtime, here is the most ambitious track she's ever done- pretty much the most ambitious Jpop song in recent memory tbh. The themes, structure, lyrics and visuals are just massive, there is no other word for it. Also from kitixxxgaia.

Dogma Magma

Probably my second fave song by her at this point. No other track was this exciting last year.
Old 2018.06.19, 08:29 PM   #1135
chestnutflowers

chestnutflowers is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
IMO it sounds like Chara meets SR, and it's surely better than SR's latest songs
Good catch, it does sound a lot like Chara! The disco influenced sound is more up Chara's alley than Ringo's imo. Like gekokujyo said it would sound right at home on "Sympathy" or maybe even "UNION"

Still a nice song, though. It would be even better without DAOKO's rapping.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Also, while I'm posting slightly older tracks that were missed in the downtime, here is the most ambitious track she's ever done- pretty much the most ambitious Jpop song in recent memory tbh. The themes, structure, lyrics and visuals are just massive, there is no other word for it. Also from kitixxxgaia.

Dogma Magma

Probably my second fave song by her at this point. No other track was this exciting last year.
What a coincidence, I just listened to this song for the first time yesterday because I was making my way through this blog (they do a lot of Jun Togawa translations). Here are the English lyrics if anyone's curious.
chestnutflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.22, 05:22 AM   #1136
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Shinigami MV

Here it is folks, the glorious music video for Shinigami, opening track of her new album.

The song itself didn't hit me the first few plays but it's definitely a grower.

Also fun fact: MV director is same director that did Gips years back.

Also also: awwww

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2018.06.22 at 05:40 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.24, 05:45 PM   #1137
deadgrandma

Seiko

Her vocals in the last half of this video...

Best live act currently going
Old 2018.07.06, 04:42 PM   #1138
deadgrandma

Two new MVs. One I love and one not so much (yet anyway)

7:77

GIRL'S GIRL
Old 2018.07.11, 06:56 PM   #1139
deadgrandma

Been listening to the new album (NON STOP) for the last couple days and at first I thought 'this is pretty great but it's definitely her worst work yet'.

HOWEVER... this is the first time I've really started second guessing myself. I really don't think you can make any kind of real opinion on initial spin. This thing blazes past at light speed and barely anything really settles in first time round.

I had assumed it was mainly just a fun 'party' record, with little to no nuance that made her last few records so replayable- however, I'm really starting to notice new things and enjoying it a hell of a lot more. Helps through headphones too, there's so much going on in either channel at the same time.

So, right now I'm floating on making a final decision on where it sits (both as a score out of 10 and in the grand scheme of all things Seiko). I will say this though- it's her wildest album to date and the opening run will leave you out of breath.

It's good.
Old 2018.07.13, 09:09 AM   #1140
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well... the goods have finally arrived, I'm listening to the version with VOID and kurohime on it right now (Actually at kurohime right now) and I think I love this more than kitixxxgaia actually... It's amazing.
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote