Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.18, 11:11 AM   #171
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Just to clarify my question about BGM, I usually associated BGM with instrumental tracks, and I guess most gamers or anime fans do the same. But I learned yesterday that it's not always the case, it just means the song is playing in the background, be it instrumental or with vocals.
Thanks for the answers frecklegirl and kuro_neko, still.

¬_¬

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.04.18, 11:18 AM   #172
Masuku

Masuku pleased at least somebody

Yeah, I can't wait all the analyzing and that fun either

I don't know should I post this to Ariamaru Tomi thread or here, but I guess this haves more to do with the album so the b-side Superficial Gossip is said to be the peek of what is coming.. I was thinking this, the 3rd track of Ringo no Uta was like a remix of all of her songs so far. So I think the SG b-side is like "opening the doors" for all new solo stuff, like Ringo no Uta closed the doors, if talking metaphorically
Old 2009.04.18, 11:30 AM   #173
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yahiko, you're so cute you make me puke.
It wouldn't make sense to mention you because you were not present in this thread, but I said "I learned yesterday" (from you) =)
Old 2009.04.18, 11:34 AM   #174
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
whats the problem with karisome being released there since there would be another new song, ariamaru tomi, which isnt in the album
Well, it's what I said and Whispa also said... It was recorded so long ago that it might not fit the sound of the album. Different equipment and studios may be used and that could cause a bit of a sonic difference. Think of it like you're in the middle of listening to a KSK-esque album and all of the sudden a song sounding like a SS recording comes up. It doesn't work. Of course, Karisome might work here. It could naturally fit or they could re-record/equalize it.
Old 2009.04.18, 11:50 AM   #175
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Well, it's what I said and Whispa also said... It was recorded so long ago that it might not fit the sound of the album. Different equipment and studios may be used and that could cause a bit of a sonic difference. Think of it like you're in the middle of listening to a KSK-esque album and all of the sudden a song sounding like a SS recording comes up. It doesn't work. Of course, Karisome might work here. It could naturally fit or they could re-record/equalize it.
while it is too early to say, I'm with the people who think that this album is primarily music written from Sakuran and never used. The Japanese wikipedia says that Ringo wrote a whole lot of music for the movie but the director actually liked the idea of using older work, so she ended up asking Saito Neko to rearrange some stuff. So, I think if this true, Karisome Otome Death Jazz fits with this album in moreso than it would HF.

title wise, give or take about 4 tracks, most of the songs seem to fit together with the general theme or a "woman's heart" which is what Ringo said she was inspired and writing about for the movie.
Old 2009.04.18, 12:24 PM   #176
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I hope "tamatebako" was one of those songs she wrote for HF. Probably wasn't, tho.
With a different arrangement, "Yokyou" can easily match "Karisome Otome", and that's also the type of sound I'm expecting from this album. That's why my excitement isn't really going to be that much until the famous B-Side or some previews.
And to clear things up, I love "Yokyou", but that's HFish and I don't want more HFs. One is enough, thank you.

On the bright side, if it really turns out to sound completely different from "Ariamaru Tomi", I'm totally pumped.
Old 2009.04.18, 01:01 PM   #177
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Yeah, that's why I think that this will be the definitive Nu-Shiina album.

But 'HF' was mostly HFish because it was rehashish. If HFish came out as it was originally intended, we may have had a totally different opinion.

I don't hate Otome as much as some of you guys, but I'm used to having my solo SR albums brimming with greatness. I listened to Shouso Strip and KZK the whole way through yesterday, the solo albums were great because they didn't have any throwaway tracks (I respect Gips now. The only real throwaway track, for me, is Poltergeist).

Please please please don't disappoint me, Superficial Gossip (Single)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.04.18 at 01:06 PM.
Old 2009.04.18, 01:46 PM   #178
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Shinji, your entire post made pull a scoobie doo and go 'hhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh?"
Old 2009.04.18, 02:03 PM   #179
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Do you guys want more Ringo screaming this time? Taking into account that she doesn't sound quite the same as she did in the MM/SS days.

(I actually like the OSCA wailing, btw. And that equally grating thing she did in Gamble HF)
Old 2009.04.18, 02:09 PM   #180
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Is there a vinyl planned for this release?
That could be the sign of a good album. Can you imagine having to skip tracks on an LP?