Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.18, 02:13 PM   #181
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There's this emerging habit of releasing the vinyl LP (and 96kHz/24bit DVD) 2-3 months later. They won't announce it until after the CD is out.
Old 2009.04.18, 02:57 PM   #182
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Shinji, your entire post made pull a scoobie doo and go 'hhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh?"
What part didn't you understand puppy?
Old 2009.04.18, 03:53 PM   #183
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
I am deeply offended that you find the inclusion of a little jingle she wrote as a child on the album humorous.

Of course I'm kidding but you have to admit that it would be awesome if she put it on there. I can just picture there being this song in the middle of the album with an epic climax like Kuki or Tsumi to Batsu. After it's over you're like "Wow, that was really amazing!" and then Mikan no Kawa comes on, COMPLETELY taking you out of it, and then ends as soon as it begins leaving you going "...?"

Shiina's like "LOL I TROLL U"
(Belated )
Old 2009.04.18, 05:02 PM   #184
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

all of it. the fact that you think Yokyou has any similarities to DEATH JAZZ or could even be similar with a different production, and I majorly LOLed at the Tametebako HF note. Because a KZK-ish electronica hybrid would fit with the orchestra renditions there. I would get a Hatsukoi Shoujo analogy, but you clearly hear things I don't.
Old 2009.04.18, 06:15 PM   #185
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Huh, I said I don't know if "Tamatebako" was one of the songs she wrote for HF (you said she did 20 or something). And if I may guess, I'd say it wasn't, but it's just a guess. You think it was? I really don't know (no sarcasm whatsoever).
Regardless of that, I don't think it fits "Papaya Mango", "Kono Yo" or any other song in HF, except maybe "Hatsukoi Shoujo" or "Yokushitsu".

And yes, "Youkyou" doesn't feel out of place with "Karisome Otome" (not specifically the DEATH JAZZ version). They both have a classic feeling and seriously, we're not talking about two completely different and oposite genres regarding those songs. They would (and will) totally not feel weird in the same album.
And to clear up what I think you're misunderstanding, I didn't say "Youkyou" is similar to "Karisome" in the way that "Amagasa" is similar to "Killer Tune", I just meant that both songs make sense in the same album or even in the same genre.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.04.18 at 06:25 PM.
Old 2009.04.18, 07:08 PM   #186
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction

That extra track at the end seems strange. Many board members have been calling it a "bonus" track, but if it's a track on the sole version of the album (so far...), how can it be a "bonus"? Bonus tracks are usually extra songs tacked on to re-releases or on different album formats (i.e. on vinyl versions of an album, or on a cd version of an album that had only been released on cassette, etc.). If it's on the new cd, then we should think of the song as part of SR's vision of the album, symmetry be damned! That said, I sure hope it doesn't mess up with the flow of the album. I'd hate for the last track to be something epic with a beautiful fade out, only to be interrupted with something uptempo. Kind of like an encore to one of her concerts.
Old 2009.04.18, 07:56 PM   #187
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Off-topic:

how many times did you need to listen and actually think that KZK was good?
Old 2009.04.18, 07:59 PM   #188
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

^ For me it was instant, it was haunting and addictive and I needed to hear more! Shouso Strip however was more of a forced listen initially before I grew to love it over a few weeks.
Old 2009.04.18, 08:05 PM   #189
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
^ For me it was instant, it was haunting and addictive and I needed to hear more! Shouso Strip however was more of a forced listen initially before I grew to love it over a few weeks.
So I just hope it can apply to Sanmon Gossip as well.
Unlike Variety.
Old 2009.04.18, 09:36 PM   #190
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

about KZK-I had the leak about a month before it came out. I became a fan between SS and KZK, I remember getting her back catalogue on my own and for Christmas, and pre-ordering STEM. So when I first heard it it was just really surprising, it wasn't what I was expecting and it took a long time to adjust to this image of Ringo as something else. Honestly, if Ringo did everything in her career up until now except KZK, then released KZK, I wouldn't be as surprised. KZK was one of the first times in her career she really jumped ship creatively (MM and SS are different but similar enough when you suddenly compare MM SS and KZKt together). Once I got used to the new image, it became a classic.

@ shinji-sorry, I somehow thought you were saying you hope tamatebako was part of HF because you didn't like it/want it with the new album. I didn't know you meant you hope it was part of the HF songs because of the theory that this work is a lot of what she wrote then. The English wiki has been edited to cut out the part that she wrote over 30 new songs, and the Japanese version doesn't mention it. I think it is inevitable that some of teh work she wrote then might appear here, but I doubt that this is all original work she produced then. I think it was probably all music she wrote "for a rainy day," when she was feeling creative or independent, and she kept to herself until the day she decided the wanted to make another album. I'm not sure what is up with Jihen, but something tells me that we won't see another release from them for quite some time.
Closed Thread