Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.04.12, 09:17 AM   #21
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I did like 12+ years of serious classical piano and then dropped out of my music major just so i can say i'm a disillusioned rebel musician
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.13, 09:18 AM   #22
Fukurou

Fukurou pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
I've been wanting to get together a Polysics kind of thing for a while...but I'm in the middle of nowhere, so all the musicians here are lame scene kids in lame scene bands.:mad:
Haha...i really know that.
4 years in search of a band...
But now i have it, be patient, search on some specific Internet sites (i don't know the english word, "petites annonces" in french : musicians searching for others)

Otherwise i play drums.

Last edited by Fukurou : 2007.04.13 at 09:56 AM.
Fukurou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.13, 03:05 PM   #23
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

I've been playing guitar for about 10-11 years... But when I play in bands, for some reason, I always played electric bass, so I've become quite good at that as well. I also do some beat/music programming on software like Acid or Fruityloops. As for drums, I used to be able to play them, but I've since lost my coordination skills, I'm afraid. And piano is the same thing. I know the basics, but I couldn't play a tune in it without making serious mistakes. So I just focus on guitars and bass... finding fellow musicians for a band is really tough. Even tougher is finding an audience that is interested in what we play. Even tougher is making a living doing this... The challenges never end, I'm afraid ^^ But playing music is the only thing that I could imagine doing for the rest of my life. It makes my world go round.
Old 2007.04.15, 10:06 AM   #24
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Surprised to see almost everyone here is an instrumentalist. We'll make a dozen SR/TJ tribute band if we were in the same place.

Guitar (acoustic mostly), 5 years or so, but without continual training on techniques. so i'm actually on a "fiddling around" level, too.
I started an indie project with my friends last year and wrote some songs for it.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.15, 10:42 AM   #25
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I played the flute in middle school. I tried to pick it up again to be in the pep band freshman year of college (??? I don't know what I was thinking) but now I've abandoned it again. Sorry, flute! I'm not really musically talented at all, and I was always lazy about practicing, so it was for the best.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.15, 07:07 PM   #26
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well, I've taken piano and saxophone (and violin, I think? :confused lessons before, but I gave up on all of them because I'm also musically challenged. I never practiced either, so I always got in trouble by my instructors. T_T ChickShhh, I also played the recorder in fourth grade! XD

I'd like to pick up the saxophone again; I think that's the only instrument I'd like to play.
Old 2007.04.15, 11:48 PM   #27
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Canto View Post
Surprised to see almost everyone here is an instrumentalist. We'll make a dozen SR/TJ tribute band if we were in the same place.
I really wish, we could do that. Then we record an cover album and draw Shiinas attention on this forum. That way we could make her join XD

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.16, 08:17 AM   #28
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I had piano lessons for a couple of years, but I dunno... I don't think, I was made for it...

now I recently started taking singing lessons and I'm pretty enthusiastic about it, so far =))
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.16, 08:24 AM   #29
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I really wish, we could do that. Then we record an cover album and draw Shiinas attention on this forum. That way we could make her join XD
We could try recording instruments individually and then combining them into a full song over the internets.
Old 2007.04.16, 08:39 AM   #30
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
We could try recording instruments individually and then combining them into a full song over the internets.
That'd be awesome, but somebody would have to fit all the single recordings together etc. (synchronizing, etc.) ... dunno... doesn't sound easy to me =/
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote