Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.10.19, 01:09 AM   #201
anonlurker

Live Monster's a good show. Hopefully somebody will cap it, but I'm not holding my breath as it hasn't been uploaded for a while. :/
Old 2014.10.19, 02:15 AM   #202
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
Live Monster's a good show. Hopefully somebody will cap it, but I'm not holding my breath as it hasn't been uploaded for a while. :/
Or it will get upped by kazukinb
Old 2014.10.19, 02:18 AM   #203
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
And yeah, putting those singles onto an album isn't the worst musical crime she could have committed at this stage in her career.
Coming up with alternative scenarios to rationalise the existence of Sunny doesn't make the album any more interesting. She could have announced an album completely made up of Kameda-composed tracks and it would still be more exciting. The worst musical crime would at least be new content.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.20, 05:58 PM   #204
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well, I realised its only 2 weeks (and 1 day) to Sunny's release and I felt that twinge of excitement... could life possibly be returning or is this just a side effect of rigor mortis?
Old 2014.10.20, 06:31 PM   #205
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

^Perhaps just some involuntary muscle movement triggered by your brain stem while you remain comatose.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 10:49 AM   #206
neoyume

neoyume pleased at least somebody

走れゎナンバー / Hashire wa Number / "To That Ocean of Trees" , available on iTunes Jpn
(edit and all others tracks are on preview )

First listening : I find this original for ringo , interesting mix of instruments with a very present flute. I'm more and more curious about the rest of the tracks now !

Last edited by neoyume : 2014.10.21 at 10:53 AM.
neoyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 11:32 AM   #207
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Neoyume! I'm getting more excited about this album, too.

Also, I don't want to give spoilers, but "Quiet Counterattack" is a very surprising self-cover.

EDIT: OMG, this album sounds FIERCE.
Old 2014.10.21, 01:51 PM   #208
hedgehog

hedgehog has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The album was already worth it to me since I don't own any of the singles but these new songs are great as well. This is a very nice surprise.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcU...4hOt5spwJ6XyUg
The colorful band with only one member...
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 02:29 PM   #209
deadgrandma

走れゎナンバー SHOULD have been the fucking single. It's totally awesome and funky. What is wrong with EMI.

I really dont know how this will all play together now, all the new songs have a coherance. If this was an EP I bet some people would be calling it great, amazing etc. BUT... together with those old songs will no doubt bring it down a little. Hmm.

Oh well, can't say I'm disappointed with any of new tracks except the single. I wont be listening to the previews again until its out now though.

A warning: SG style Ringo haters/(or hope-rs that she'd given it up) are gonna be pissed a bit I think, cause that's what I'm hearing with the majority of these new songs.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.10.21 at 02:38 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 03:40 PM   #210
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Guess I have to hold out for a couple more weeks because I don't have an Itunes JP account. I tried to make one, but it was too much of a pain in the ass. Glad to hear good things so far about the new songs though.

I guess Shiina isn't a fan of EPs.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote