Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.02, 02:13 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Lightbulb Custom mixes/playlists?

I'm doing my bi-monthly ipod shuffle, and so out goes old albums and in goes new albums by old artists, old albums by old artists that I haven't listened to, new albums by new artists, etc.

I always have MM/SS/KZK on as an ipod 'staple' . With any musician that stays on the ipod for a long amount of time, I like to freshen things up by creating custom playlists.

I haven't sorted out track order (I can't be bothered), but most of these songs sound like they were made to be put together and released as a genuine Shiina album. Most of it is Watashi no Houden:

1. Hatsukoi Shoujo
2. Mellow
3. Suberidai
4. Ringo no Uta
5. Unconditional Love
6. Aisaka no Choushoku
7. Memai
8. La salle de bain
9. 17
10. Ichijiku no Hana
11. Momen no Handkerchief
12. Aozora
13. Ringo Catalogue

I put a 'Nu-Shiina' playlist together for fun, except instead of genuine 'nu-Shiina' stuff like Papaya Mango, there's Sid to Hakuchumuu and Mayonaka. I don't see me actually listening to this one, though!

1. Gamble
2. Jazz a Gogo (Love the first half of this)
3. Sid to Hakuchuumu
4. Mayonaka wa Junketsu
5. Sakuran (ONKIO)
6. Oiran
7. Kono Yono Kagiri

I'm trying that Kyouiku Redux album, and for fun, I put together a VARIETY setlist made up of (Spa and Treatment unless stated otherwise)

1. Fukushuu
2. Mirror Ball (SOTC)
3. Sake to Geko
4. BB Queen (SOTC)
5. Kabuki
6. OSCA
7. Karada
8. Kronekedow (SOTC)
9. Tsukihime-hime
10. Pinnochio
11. Kaban no Nakami
12. Metro (Album)

It's a HUNDRED times more listenable than Variety, IMO. SOTC made me change my mind about Mirror Ball. We'll see.

I'm also trying that Kyouiku Redux thing.

Anyone else do this/has done this? Suggestions? Findings? etc.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.04, 09:50 AM   #2
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

i take that as a no
Old 2009.03.04, 10:15 AM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I made this post a while ago for a good "Heizei Fuuzoku EP" (ie: all the original, or at least previously unheard vers of, songs without the filler)

HF would be alot less argued (at least back in its day) if it was like this.
Old 2009.03.05, 02:36 AM   #4
Scribble R

I saw that list. It would have been cool if there were a few more Hatsukoi Shoujo-esque tracks to go with that, but hey =P Thanks for the other stuff.

I've also been listening to some Ringohan tracks, and I enjoy those orchestra renditions more than the HF ones. Well, I think Ringo no Uta, La Salle Bian and and Shido are some of the best performances she's ever done. I'd totally listen to a Heisei Fusoku that replaced Meisai, Ishiki, Poltergeist, etc. with some of those Ringohan tracks.

Also, I really enjoy the Tsukigime-hime live performance, and the first few verses of the Kaban no Nakami Spa and Treatment. I also like live Kabuki+OSCA and Metro, so I've gone from disliking VARIETY to at least liking it a bit =) We'll see how Variety Revamp goes.