Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.07.31, 11:12 AM   #1
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Default Rate teh (Jihen) vids!

We've rated the singles, now lets rate the vids. No poll tho, just general lists, cuz that's always far more interesting. For the sake of sakeyness, lets only do vids that had a budget and thus were good enough to be aired on tv (ie: no Tasogare Naki (tho i liked that vid,) Get it up for Love, or Kurumaya-san) also no live ones (Mirorball, Toumei Ningen, etc.)

So then the eligible fella's: Gunjo, Tramp, Sounan Dynamite, Service, Shuraba, Kenka, Himitsu, Osca, Killer Tune.

(yes, we shall count Tramp and Dynamite, they're vids in their own right. Howevva lets not count Gunjo/Tramp as one vid, lets separate the Siamese twins just for the sake....or if you're truly averse to their existence I guess you can ignore them. How rude!)

In my H opinion:

1. Shuraba: The vids strangely neat to me.

2. Gunjo: Someone whohad a very loose grasp on the language once told me: "The less is the more" I think this is a cool vid I dont like how we only see the band in singles, considering its their first damn video, but whatev.

3. Lady is a Tramp: z0mg surprise! The songs pretty terrible, maybe their worst in fact. but I like the vid very much. Ya see its like the Gunjo vid, but we see the whole band play together! Thats worth something to me.

4. Sounan: This was always cool to me. I liked the camera effect they used. Specially when Shiina does that "turn" looks cool.

5. OSCA: In the "Tramp" category when you're talking bout the song. I like the stylization of it. I'd like it more if the panties weren't shown (for the overrating) and I'd like to see less of the band (and I had concluded this before I saw the Crazy Beat vid, so never doubt my tastes.) Shiinas lips were bee-stung in this vid, i'm convinced.

6. Dynamite: Overrated. But its still a'ight. I like Shiina's first ensemble alot better.

7. Service: They shoulda just had this vid and not released Dynamite In. I sorta like this kind of vid, hm.

8. Killer Tune: Snubs the band, but thats about all there is bad about it. Then again that fact might also be all there is notably good about it as well.

9. Himitsu: This video clearly started Shiina's fixation on changing clothes (as seen in JCHI.) Sure, Shiina's not looking objectionable in this vid, but meh. Its as sterile a vid as an operating room.Lets watch the band do totally Adult things! Ride in a car! Smoke! Play chess! Yawn. I'm actually surprised tho I consider it the bottom of the heap. Sure what I said above is what I think, but its not "terrible"

10. Kenka Joutou: The band watches Hata do his thang. Suure, there's only so much time the song allows, I know. I think it coulda been better spent tho. also: horse for your imagination to wander with. ((Shiina + horse) + cave = )

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.07.31 at 11:16 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.31, 05:49 PM   #2
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

1. shuraba - its the most interesting visually
2. sounan + kabuki - I love the turning too
3. kenka joutou - interpretive dance is coool
4. kuramaya san - Jay Z cameo. What more needs to be said?
5. osca - even though its a rip (or a "tribute" for you glass-half-full types) its a good video because of the interpretive dance.
6. Killer Tune - interpretive dance at the end. Ringo looks Botox'd
7. himitsu - ukigumo saves this video from being a complete bore by making me laugh.
8. Dynamite - a video for a cover song? and an ugly song too. but the production value is something to be appreciated. love the dancing
9. service - behind the scenes clips keeping the band real. I like to see making-of footage of anything by my favorite band.
10. tasogarenaki - boring vid yet again saved by uki being a silly ass.

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2007.07.31 at 05:55 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.31, 08:00 PM   #3
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Shuraba is the king.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.01, 05:26 PM   #4
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

1. Dynamite - cause I'm fetishist

2. Shuraba - cause chickshhh is right

3. Gunjou - SR OILED O_O

4. Sounan - cause hirrrama gives a rose to SR and HZM seems punched

5. Service - cause is TJ 1 behind the scenes

6. Killer tune - Cause I luv when someone sing in the rain

7. the rest of the videos

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.01, 08:12 PM   #5
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

1. Service- It's nice to have an inside view of them being themselves, rather then showing face and performing a certain way. It makes you know they are just perfect cyborgs. And that they're all too cute. I love it.
2. Kenka Joto- I dont know why, but I really love this pv. it's just weird and entertaining. it's really the song. the song grabs me up.
3. Osca- It's fun to watch and any girl that has a flask is hot. i got a mini one for my keychain after I saw this.
4. Sounan- I love this video because of it's simplicity and it is absolutely prettiful. It also started my love for fascinators.....
5. Himitsu- I really like this video. It's clean and sophisticated. I like the image. A lot!
6. Shuraba- This video kind of disturbs me. I like a lot of things but at the same time, I don't like some pieces. It still has a high rating on my list.
7. Lady is a Tramp- They rocked it!! I like the vid more that g.b. cause the come together a lot more. I like how the camera cuts behind them and you can see everything....
8. Gunjyou Biyori- I like this video, but I don't think it was appropriate for the first pv released by a new band. I know it showcased them really well, made their faces known...but if you didnt know who they were, you probably didnt care. they are all known in their own way and they music is great, but no one is going to stupid mid-channel surfing to watch that. I do love the song a lot.
9. Killer Tune- The name leads you astray. To listen to the song, it sounds very very passionate. The video is too clean for the song, I feel like she should have kicked someone's dog or smacked some hoe in the face when she was getting down. It didnt really fit her voice.
10. Dynamite- T&A. and fireworks.
Old 2007.08.01, 10:55 PM   #6
vayerism

vayerism is headed in the right direction

tasogarenaki, sounan, shuraba
vayerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.09, 08:00 PM   #7
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

1. Shuraba: Fits all to fell with the song. I love how it's all white then some splashes of red.
2. Gunjyo Byori: Ehh, it's not really that good. I love the song but the video is really boring, and pretty much is the band playing with a change of camera angles every so often.
3. Lady is a Tramp: Love it. It's so cute! It appears she just is tryin' to have fun.
4. Sounan: Pretty good, seen better from TJ.
5. OSCA: Eehh, not quite sure. I think I need more time on that one.
6. Dynamite: Aww, love it love it LOVE IT. First TJ pv I ever saw!
7. Service: It's pretty neat, because it's just some cute clips of the band backstage.
8. Killer Tune: Nice and simple. Wet in rain is a cute look for Ringo.
9. Himitsu: Cool. Uki's rap part was the best.
10. Kenka Joutou: Boring. I have NEVER been able to watch the full PV.
11. Koi wa Moborobashi: Cute! I love it! The dance at the end was so..funny!
Old 2007.08.10, 10:36 AM   #8
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by haruhi-suzumiya View Post
9. Himitsu: Cool. Uki's rap part was the best.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.13, 09:49 PM   #9
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

TJ videos: They're all not any good are they? Sounan + Dynamite is probably the best of the lot.