Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 12:06 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [TJ] 2005.08.17 - Dynamite Out (DVD) [Concert Video]

Dynamite Out

01. 林檎の唄 (Ringo no Uta)
02. 入水願い (Jusui Negai)
03. 遭難 (Sounan)
04. ダイナマイト (Dynamite) [by Tom Glazer, Mort Garson. As performed by Brenda Lee]
05. ここでキスして。 (Koko de Kiss Shite.)
06. 顔 (Kao)
07. if you can touch it
08. 母国情緒 (Bokoku Jousho)
09. 車屋さん (Kurumaya-san)
10. 月に負け犬 (Tsuki ni Makeinu)
11. 同じ夜 (Onaji Yoru)
12. 現実に於て (Genjitsu ni Oite)
13. 現実を嗤う (Genjitsu o Warau)
14. 恋の売り込み (Koi no Urikomi) [I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door by Aaron Schroeder, Sid Wayne. As performed by Eddie Hodges]
15. スーパースター (Superstar)
16. 透明人間 (Toumei Ningen)
17. 駅前 (Ekimae)
18. Σ~クロール (Sigma~Crawl)
19. 丸の内サディスティック (Marunouchi Sadistic)
20. その淑女ふしだらにつき (Sono Onna Fushidara ni Tsuki) [the lady is a tramp by Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers. As performed by Ella Fitzgerald]
21. 御祭騒ぎ (Omatsurisawagi)
22. サービス (Service)
23. 群青日和 (Gunjou Biyori)
24. 心 (Kokoro)
25. 夢のあと (Yume no Ato)
Total Playtime: 1:53:37
Performances Only: 1:41:00

Second-Press Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.06, 04:21 PM   #4
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Now then. At the old forums me, my crew, and even others, really went to great lengths to praise this dvd. I personally think thisis the single best release Shiina has ever put out. Be it other dvds, albums, heck -- pictures or interviews whatever else she's done --this right now is the reference of greatness.

Although I do think Electric Mole had the better setlist (Tsumi to Batsu, Mayonaka, Meisai, Okonomide, Gips ftw) this was by far and away the better show.

This exemplifies what I'm about so very well. Dynamite Out has Shiina and the band out there saying "You're out there, you came to watch a show. We're not doing theatrics, this isnt a movie. We're going to do what we do best --play music. In fact, we're so good in spite of how bare bones it is theatrically -- you STILL might not be able to handle it."

(and then JCHI came and took back every single thing that made Dynamite so great. But that's another thread )

The show has every Kyoiku-era song and with very few exceptions, is where the songs are done "right." Nyuusui Negai" has completely different legs, its phenomenal. Sounan is better than ever. Crawl doesn't seem so .."meh." Ekimae shines. Gunjo i think is the single best live song performance ever done by Shiina. About the only Kyoiku song I didn't think was as good as studio release was "Kokoro."

Also of course, this has the best performance of "If You Can Touch it" cuz its unlikely Shiina will ever sing back-up on this again. And really, I think it was a welcome change to have Hirama sing, even one song. I was ready to have a couple more Hirama songs in the next album...buut that never happened. Knock on your Door, Ring on Your Bell was great. Not only did we get the definitive version of Kyoiku songs, but also the definitive version of TWO Adult songs: Superstar (of course, my fav Adult song) and Toumei Ningen (which at the time, I was certain was going to be a single. Someone dropped the ball there when they redid it =( .) Also Kurumaya-san wasthe bizness here too.

For all the times Shiina insists on playing Marunoichi, here, I once again thik it's best. We also got Tsuki ni and Koko de, pretty neat.

All in all, if there was a person, who could only partake in a SINGLE Shiina release. Be it, dvd/cd/whatever I would strongly suggest that Dynamite Out be it. Even still, when I pop this in, I am rocking out so hard that afterwards my neck is sore. I think it's the purest thing Shiina's ever done. It sounds the best. No histrionics, no backstage bullshit, no pimping your other releases, no wasting time, just the live music. What you saw in the seat was what you got at home and vice versa. That's rock and roll, people.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.04.07 at 12:41 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 08:37 PM   #5
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sorry, I don't mean to ignore TJ's nice review... >_<

But, I was wondering what the "UNDERGROUND LOVE" comic in this DVD's jacket was about. Has anyone scanlated it yet? I've never seen a translation or anything on it before... o_o;;
Old 2007.04.18, 03:41 PM   #6
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well said TJ, I didn't enjoy listening to Kyoiku until I saw this DVD.
Man I agree with pretty much everything you said about the songs, except may be Superstar, it felt under-cooked on Dynamite, especially when I was expecting more from Hirama instead of that generic powerchord guitaring, it was still good though.
Ekimae was amazing, I like how the one guitar riff at the outro makes it so much more intenese and moody. And lets not forget the cute little dance that SR did during the Dynamite and the member introduction. Have any one coined a name for it yet? the Dynamite Shuffle?

Yea whats with the comic? All I know is that it was about a kid name hiroshi who got lost underground, and trying to find his way to his mother with the help of a mole name mogura.When they did find his mother, the mole invited them back to his place (with Hiroshi all rolled up...) and they made out (Mogura wa osuki desu ka lol)... after having hiroshi taped to the hole on the roof (naisu aidea katakana english rawks).... Can some one scanlated it please? I have no idea what the middle part of the comic was about...
Old 2007.04.18, 05:41 PM   #7
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Oh, thanks! What a weird story so far... @_@

Hehe, the 'dynamite shuffle' sounds cute!! It reminds me of the dances from the 1920s that flappers did.
Old 2007.04.19, 03:04 PM   #8
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

If the comic gets scanned I can try and have a look at it, I'm bad with paper text though (poor kanji reading skills XD Online it's much easier). So, scans anyone?
Old 2007.04.19, 03:15 PM   #9
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I've got it scanned when I was planning to steal some panel to build a SR webpage , but is there somewhere I can upload it? I can understand most Kanji but the hiragana grammar eats me for breakfast ;
Old 2007.04.21, 07:28 AM   #10
frecklegirl
apple-princess

Sendspace.com or Megaupload.com?

Wow, with our powers combined, we could have this whole thing done... XD