Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 02:39 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [SR] 2008.11.25 - MoRA [CD, DVD Box Sets]

MoRA (CD) [Box Set]

Features Ringo's three original albums and one disc of singles, all remastered and packaged in a new format.

Contents:
- 無罪モラトリアム (Muzai Moratorium) + 幸福論 (Koufukuron) (single ver.)
- 勝訴ストリップ (Shouso Strip) + 真夜中は純潔 (Mayonaka wa Junketsu)
- 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花 (Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana) + 茎(Stem)
- りんごのうた (Ringo no Uta) (one song)

Limited Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia

MoRA (DVD) [Box Set]

Features Ringo's three original albums, one disc of singles, plus the latest 2-disc set, "Watashi to Houden." All the songs are recorded in high-quality 96 kHz/24 bit sound. While the songs play, there is newly-recorded "screen saver" footage featuring Ringo. This is not a PV collection.

Contents:
- 無罪モラトリアム (Muzai Moratorium) + 幸福論 (Koufukuron) (single ver.)
- 勝訴ストリップ (Shouso Strip) + 真夜中は純潔 (Mayonaka wa Junketsu)
- 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花 (Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana) + 茎(Stem)
- 私と放電 (Watashi to Houden) (2-disc set)
- りんごのうた (Ringo no Uta) (one song)

Limited Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.25, 12:05 AM   #4
sardonicsmile

sardonicsmile pleased at least somebody

got a weird email from hmv - something along the lines of 'items scheduled to be shipped on nov 29, but not recieved at fulfilment centre yet'

it then asks if i want to continue or chancel my order (i have the 2lps plus mora cd box).

maybe this is standard for hmv, but i found it weird... maybe they're trying to see if anyone will cancel?
sardonicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.25, 12:08 AM   #5
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

^I also got that as well, perhaps they have took more orders than the actual stock they have ?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.25, 12:35 AM   #6
entrydenied

entrydenied pleased at least somebody

Hmm...Mine's already in transit. But I only ordered the DVD box.
entrydenied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.25, 03:04 AM   #7
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I got the same HMV email... but I just got another saying it's ready to be shipped but..

We are informing that the shipping fee of your order above has been revised as follows:

Estimate: 1500 (JAPANESE YEN)
Final: 4000 (JAPANESE YEN)

Please let us know whether the final shipping fee is acceptable or not.
We will ship your order as soon as we receive your acceptance of the final shipping fee.
For your information, this revision has been made because the actual weight is heavier than the estimate.

... $65 AUD FOR SHIPPING?! Do these people not know how poor I am!?
Old 2008.11.25, 03:25 AM   #8
entrydenied

entrydenied pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I got the same HMV email... but I just got another saying it's ready to be shipped but..

We are informing that the shipping fee of your order above has been revised as follows:

Estimate: 1500 (JAPANESE YEN)
Final: 4000 (JAPANESE YEN)

Please let us know whether the final shipping fee is acceptable or not.
We will ship your order as soon as we receive your acceptance of the final shipping fee.
For your information, this revision has been made because the actual weight is heavier than the estimate.

... $65 AUD FOR SHIPPING?! Do these people not know how poor I am!?
Hmm...Hope I get a lesser shipping charge...Since it's to Singapore. Should have ordered from amazon instead...Since they always consider an item to be an item despite its size...
entrydenied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.25, 06:59 AM   #9
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

HMV Japan has begun to charge my debit card already, and they haven't emailed me yet about if/how they are sending off my shipment. There is something funny going on, because my original estimate was around 82000yen total, and that included shipping. The order included two PE'Z DVDs that HMV decided to ship out (and charge me for) early, despite my request to "wait until you have everything, before shipping out". If you subtract at least the base price of these two DVDs from my original estimate, my leftover order shouldn't cost more than 76000yen (including shipping).

So knowing all those numbers, I was a bit startled to find out this morning that the pending charge to my debit card is for $869 USD. Now even with this season's unusually bad exchange rate, that shouldn't be more than $795. So either they have jacked the shipping up by 7000yen in addition to the 6100yen shipping they originally estimated, or they are charging me for the PE'Z DVDs all over again. My best guess is their shipping estimates are that far off.

What makes no sense here is that even if Shouso Strip was initially estimated to be a one-vinyl LP, the fact that it turned out to be twice the vinyls, should not make my entire shipping cost more than double - when Shouso Strip doesn't account for more than half of my order. The math involved with my shipment is so disgraceful, that if you replaced the main character of NUMB3RS with HMV trying to solve crimes the same way, Stephen Hawkings would have been implicated for manslaughter.

Oh well. I was ready to pay $900 if I had to (after a 3% foreign transaction fee from my bank - that's about where the total will be). $800 would have been nice though.

Never ever trust HMV Japan's shipping estimates - especially not when LPs are involved. With how often they are wrong, and the fact that their estimates system hasn't gone through any reform after all this time - smells like a bait & switch to me.

From now on, I'll use Amazon.co.jp for LPs. Their shipping estimates are never off, and their FedEx shipping (the only option they offer to international buyers) is far better than EMS (the only option that HMV Japan offers to international buyers).
Old 2008.11.25, 01:58 PM   #10
sardonicsmile

sardonicsmile pleased at least somebody

though the charge isn't noted yet, the money has already come off my credit card - about A$300 for the two lps and mora box?!!!?! (¥15,632 total, including apparently ¥4,000 shipping)

this is ouch in so many ways. not just the depreciation of the australian dollar.
sardonicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote