Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.04.01, 06:06 AM   #101
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

so, about the mole:
She had it removed before the entire concert run, or just that specific performance? And for the performance, she had put on a fake mole, and then removed it? Because I watched the concert and it looks like for some performances she has a mole and some others she doesn't.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.01, 07:40 AM   #102
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
so, about the mole:
She had it removed before the entire concert run, or just that specific performance? And for the performance, she had put on a fake mole, and then removed it? Because I watched the concert and it looks like for some performances she has a mole and some others she doesn't.
The mole was clearly removed before the Sugoroku Ecstasy tour. During the concerts she put on a fake mole. If you pay attention, you'll see that it is way tinier than the one she had previously.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.08, 10:47 AM   #103
vielleicht

vielleicht pleased at least somebody

One tiny moment that I love out of some nonexistent reason: how she stared into Hata's direction and "remote-controlled" the drumming at the end of the intermezzo in «Meisai», though it was just a brief flash. As charming as every time she does the percussionist thing in live performances of «Honnou»!
vielleicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.29, 03:53 PM   #104
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I want the water bottle she picks up in her introduction... Did they make these as merch?
Old 2015.10.15, 12:44 AM   #105
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Revisited this performance today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKWnPFFf3Cw

Still one of my favourite live performances of hers, EVER.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.19, 11:11 AM   #106
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Revisited this performance today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKWnPFFf3Cw

Still one of my favourite live performances of hers, EVER.
We've come a long way since people on this forum used to tell me this was nothing special because it was a generic pop version of the song. Much better build-up and payoff compared to the one-note album version.
Old 2015.10.19, 07:28 PM   #107
Ultra Blue

Ultra Blue pleased at least somebody

I really want a studio version of kuki. I think it's the best version of the song.
Ultra Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.02, 08:22 PM   #108
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Since she's now in the middle of her first hall tour since Sugoroku, and even playing some of the same halls, I'd really like to see footage of what that tour was like on smaller stages than the Budoukan one.

Did Hata still have that killer drum solo like he had during the EM show? Was she moving around on stage as much?

Re: Odaiji ni, I had to hear the EM version before I could fully appreciate the album version. Though the one-noted-ness? initially put me off from it, I really grew to appreciate how heart-wrenching it is, and how honest it feels to being unsure how many tomorrows you have left. For me, it captures finding determination to live, but being ready to let go.

anyway, if forced to pick one, I would probably choose the EM version on most days....
Old 2015.12.03, 07:09 AM   #109
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
We've come a long way since people on this forum used to tell me this was nothing special because it was a generic pop version of the song. Much better build-up and payoff compared to the one-note album version.
Wasn't me was it?

Both versions are good.
Old 2015.12.12, 01:47 PM   #110
Vorpax

Vorpax is headed in the right direction

My LiVe Box arrived last week, and I watched Electric Mole for the first time. Really, really amazing stuff, the band shredded so hard. It could be on the same level as Dynamite Out if it wasn't for the backstage scenes coming out of nowhere.

And I watched Gekokujyo Xstasy as well, and man, that guitarrist sucks hard. But the concert itself is fucking great.
Vorpax is offline   Reply With Quote