Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2011.07.29, 07:05 AM   #41
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Why can't companies just add in the .flac support? Is it that hard to put in a decrypter?
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.29, 07:54 AM   #42
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The corporations which don't bother implementing FLAC support, are often the same corporations who have their own proprietary audio formats.

There might be licensing issues with FLAC, against encrypting it. If so, then the DRM-happy corporations would stay away from it even if they didn't already have their own lossless format. But if a corporation did have their own format, they would have their own rights (from a licensing standpoint) to do whatever they wanted with that format - including DRMing it.
Old 2011.07.29, 01:39 PM   #43
Andikki

Andikki is an asset to this community

The common belief is that Cowons offer superior audio quality, plus they support FLAC and other necessary formats. I don't see how you can go wrong with them.

I probably have the least impressive of them (iaudio 9), still it supports unicode, allows to delete files from its interface, doesn't require any itunesy software to put files on it - all those features that are not crucial, but save you lots of nerves.
Andikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.29, 04:21 PM   #44
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Aren't Cowons also one of the few non-Phone media players with access to the Android marketplace?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.30, 07:41 AM   #45
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Aren't Cowons also one of the few non-Phone media players with access to the Android marketplace?
Oh, really? I remember hearing that the D3 was hacked for access.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.30, 09:03 AM   #46
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

What is the best portable music player nowadays?

My creative zen x-fi 2 is bashed up as hell. Scratches everywhere. Drop it from chest height multiple times already. That thing still keeps playing.

Cowon looks alittle bulky for my liking...

And all hail the great Dr. Dre overlords.

My school has so many Dr dre beats users. Earphone or headphones alike. Replica or real goods.

>my face when the end of cable is connected to a iphone.

Last edited by W3iHong : 2011.07.30 at 09:08 AM.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.13, 02:14 PM   #47
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Just got a new pair of Shure SRH440s and I have to say that they're the best headphones I've ever had. Detailed and clear...the bass needs to be tuned depending on the player but the bass doesn't get muddy even when I turn it up.

Maybe it's been a long time since I had a pair of great headphones, but I think these beat my old SE 530s and e5c. AND the SRH 440 only cost me 100CDN.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.14, 03:38 AM   #48
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

haha. chobbies. it's funny that you already bought your headphones... but I still have not!

Should I get them shures too?
Old 2011.08.14, 06:22 AM   #49
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I dont mind audiophiles

BUT.... when they complain about production (like Shouso Strip being brickwall central) and miss out on some of the best music EVER

It makes me both sad and pisses me off

Fucking fuckheads (drunk as fuck)
Old 2011.08.14, 06:30 AM   #50
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
haha. chobbies. it's funny that you already bought your headphones... but I still have not!

Should I get them shures too?
I've paid $400 for earphones before but I can't remember enjoying them as much as these ones.
I was thinking about Grado s60i and 80i but those only look good in pictures. They're feel incredibly cheap and the sound is nothing to write home about.

If you're looking for can headphones I think you can't do better with these SRH 440. They easily sound better than headphones 3x their price (like the Bowers & Wilkens P5.) You just have to hook the Shure's up to something with an equalizer because they're very neutral and clear and you won't get the pop in the sound and the bass unless you have the equalizer set.

Future Shop actually had an overnight sale yesterday with 50% off headphones and I bought another pair at $55. I'll return the other pair next week.

EDIT - Another thing...portable players have no problem driving these headphones. I've tried other can headphones where you have to pump the volume way up just to hear anything.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote