Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2013.04.03, 05:09 PM   #11
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So... if they make PVs for both of these songs... that's pretty much Seiteki Healing 5 in the bag :-p (with the inclusion of the Carnation and Jiyuu e Michidzure clips). I expect it to release September, a bit later if an album is released with another single.
Old 2013.04.06, 04:03 PM   #12
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrCyyxbTwCE

A little clip with some of the song for the drama playing in the background
Old 2013.04.06, 04:44 PM   #13
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well, it don't sound like Carnation, Jiyuu, or Jihen ;-p not really clear enough to tell any more than that atm though
Old 2013.04.07, 06:31 AM   #14
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

This one that was uploaded by the same user is a -tad- more clear. It sounds like an acoustic guitar or harpsichord? It has potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1cLhI2RAL8
Old 2013.04.07, 08:51 AM   #15
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

I think I know what's going on with my complaint about her new music.

Even from the clip above, I can hear, she's got this weird harmonizing trend thing going on that layers her vocals. It seems like that's what she's been doing for a while now. I HATE IT. I mean, I know her voice has changed, but...I just can't stomach it : ( It's like her voice has lost its texture. It has gone "one note" if you will.

Maybe I should just wait. But still. I've never been able to pinpoint what it was. Now I have.
Old 2013.04.07, 09:20 AM   #16
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

She's been multi-tracking her vocals since her first album and harmonizing with herself, especially on the refrains of songs. It's nothing new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpCorHbkaj0&t=1m19s
Old 2013.04.07, 10:01 AM   #17
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Yes, but the nature of it has changed, I love the way she did it before. I don't really know how to explain the difference. Maybe if I find a good comparison I'll post it.

EDIT: Ok, maybe on further listening it's more the quality with which she uses her voice. It seems like she's gone to using just her 'jazzy falsetto' let's say. Even when she goes lower with her voice, it has that same quality. THEN, when she layers her vocals, it's more of that same tone. If that makes any sense. Please keep in mind I don't know musical terms very well, I just know what I hear.

Last edited by chii : 2013.04.07 at 10:12 AM.
Old 2013.04.07, 11:15 AM   #18
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

She's using pop vocal stylings. The manner in which she sings this sounds just like AKB sings. Her voice is still way above those, but the tone she uses and the type of ennunciation she has is in line with mainstream Japanese pop.
Old 2013.04.07, 03:14 PM   #19
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by chii View Post
I think I know what's going on with my complaint about her new music.

Even from the clip above, I can hear, she's got this weird harmonizing trend thing going on that layers her vocals. It seems like that's what she's been doing for a while now. I HATE IT. I mean, I know her voice has changed, but...I just can't stomach it : ( It's like her voice has lost its texture. It has gone "one note" if you will.

Maybe I should just wait. But still. I've never been able to pinpoint what it was. Now I have.
I agree with the one note comment. Sounds like Ringo's using the same voice she used on Daihakken. I don't dislike it, but her singing sounds much better when she adds lower notes in a song (eg Honnou).

The new song stills sounds promising though. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.
Old 2013.04.07, 03:56 PM   #20
deadgrandma

Both of these samples look like they were recorded from a tv on a phone and the sound quality is atrocious, even in the foreground, a lot of definitive assumption going on. The show starts today I believe, should get a real idea of the chorus at least.

As I said, from what I CAN hear, its not Carnation, Jiyuu or Jihen-like. There's no SG there either. New sounds from Ringo excite me.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.04.07 at 04:01 PM.
Closed Thread