Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.06, 08:48 AM   #11
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
As I said before, I think this is her "classic." This is her Sgt Pepper, her Joshua Tree, her Zepplin II, whatever else throw me a good artist and I'll throw back their "classic album" back at ya.
Throw me a Cardigans classic album

This is the first SR cd I bought too. Given that every SR/TJ album (except KZK) contains some less than ideal songs, I would say SS is the best and most accessible album to the casual listener. The tracks are very cohesive and it shows off the classic Ringo rock styles as well as some of her experiments with other genres, like recording tricks in Stoicism and techno in Yokushitsu and strings in Yami no Furu Ame. I really like SS a lot. I would definitely say it's a cut above MM (especially since her studio vocals aren't that good in MM).
Old 2007.04.06, 09:55 AM   #12
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

First Band on The Moon
Old 2007.04.06, 11:01 AM   #13
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Agreed, even though I like Life more.

Just to stay on topic, I was just listening through SS during math class yesterday and I no longer think Tsuki ni Makeinu is such a bad song anymore, it's just that intro that I really can't stand.

With that in mind, I remember Uki saying that Tsuki is his favourite solo SR song. I question his taste level.
Old 2007.04.06, 10:24 PM   #14
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
With that in mind, I remember Uki saying that Tsuki is his favourite solo SR song. I question his taste level.
Oh, that's interesting; I never knew that!! o_o But I like "Tsuki ni Makeinu" so his taste is a-okay with me.

This is a bit random, but did Ringo put make-up over her mole in the cover picture? o_O I just got this album today and noticed that her mole looked covered up, but I can't tell if it's just the blurriness. Anyway, I think she looks so different in that picture; her eyes look so big and cartoon-y. @_@
Old 2007.04.07, 02:55 AM   #15
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Because I can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS First-Press.jpg (78.0 KB, 223 views)
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.07, 05:50 AM   #16
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

First Band on The Moon
Ahh, so you like the Cardigans too? Ringo and Cardigans are awesome.
haruhi-suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.08, 01:41 PM   #17
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ohh, so that's what the first pressing looked like. It must be so nice to have the album in a box... T_T

Where's Yamate-dori? Was it mentioned in "Tsumi to Batsu"? I remember the 'dori' part...
Old 2007.04.08, 03:03 PM   #18
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

It's a certain road in tokyo.
haruhi-suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 01:33 AM   #19
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

If they ever put out a "Shiina: Best of..." I think it would contain HALF of this album.

As I said before, I think this is her "classic." This is her Sgt Pepper, her Joshua Tree, her Zepplin II, whatever else throw me a good artist and I'll throw back their "classic album" back at ya.

HOWEVAA

I dont think it's her best album. Even with the monster songs it has, it has other songs that really don't hit the mark as well. I can't tell if theyre really just mediocre or if its when put in comparison. I never listen to a song like Benkai Debussy when its not preceding Gips so it's hard to say.

Since my post about MM, I feel like I wanna put it above SS in my personal chart. But then I tell myself "Howevva, Honnou, Tsumi to Batsu, and Gips slaughter anything on MM..." so it's a push.
That is why I don't even try to put one SR album over the other, except on my own personal chart that I can't motivate properly to anyone.
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 04:07 AM   #20
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
Where's Yamate-dori? Was it mentioned in "Tsumi to Batsu"? I remember the 'dori' part...
Yamate-dori = Tokyo loop road 6 = Tokyo route 317
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B1%...80%9A%E3%82%8A

One of main road that connect Shibuya and Shinjuku.
Outer than JR Yamanote line and Meiji Dori (loop road 5)
Inner than loop road 7

Yamate Dori under Nakameguro Station (Tokyu Toyoko line)
http://allabout.co.jp/house/townshut...28A/nakame.jpg
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote