Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.01.10, 10:00 PM   #41
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

That kimono is just so gorgeous. So perfect.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.11, 02:38 AM   #42
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Duesenberg DSR-SR Shiina Ringo model "Ichimatsu"

EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.11, 05:01 AM   #43
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
Ringo had an OSCA guitar!!

Hahaha... They played OSCA in EM, actually... hahaha.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.23, 06:56 PM   #44
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Next up on Jihad's tour of DAP -- Electric Mole.

For some strange reason, this concert and I never really "clicked" before. I can't explain why. I mean, I could acknowledge this was the best live dvd (not that that really says much after watching Gekokujyo last night after jonesing about it all week) but once DO hit, there was literally no looking back.

4 years late or not...

howevva, heres the really ironic part. When this firs came out, I for some reason had a great dislike for Hirama. In fact, when the Jihen announcement hit, I remember thinking, "thats awesome!...If only she got a different guitarist." Really, the only reason I can think of for not liking Hirama is that he looks kinda like a jerk in those robes. Though, so does everyone else (not including Shiina since shes all decked out, obviously.) But his guitar skillz are even better here than in DO. So I guess I was still leery of any Shiina guitarist since Yayoshi. (Now I think I can revert back to being leery.) How times change, course now Hirama is a folk legend and I could care less about any remaining member.

Really I can't explain why I felt the way I did, cuz this concert is sonically amazing. Really the only knock I still hold to it is that the whole band was way too stiff and lifeless. I dunno, maybe cuz the band was still "just the backing band" that was the reason for lack of cohesive energy. I dunno.You can't hear it, but at least I can still feel it. So I dunno. -- Even here, tho, the band is tight.

KZK songs need to be resuscitated in the live stage. I see no reason why even the current band shouldn't be playing Okonomide. Its kinda sad this was, and likely will be, the last we hear of some songs (Keikoku) but better here than GX.

I could list how each song is epic, but its not necessary. They are, you know it, go watch it.

*EDIT* oh yeah, the current band won't play Okonomide cuz theyre too busy playing shit like Lady is a Tramp --cuz we totally haven't gotten sick of that one by now....

But also, I'm historically not so fond of HZM. -- But hes a one man wrecking crew here! So big ups to HZM. As much as I like Izawa -- theres no way he could pull off some of these songs.

EDIT2: I really don't mean that to come off as stealth anti-"phase 2" But I do find it hard to believe this isn't the best band she ever played with.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.02.23 at 07:22 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 07:41 PM   #45
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

When I first saw this, I had not yet joined any SR forum and did not know much about her myth. I don't think I ever commented on this but I did not really like it the first time because I felt they butchered some songs, mainly Mayonaka wa Jyunketsu. Even to this day I don't really like the arrangement but I can enjoy it just because their playing is impressive and it's such an awesome song in the first place. Now, I can enjoy this much more but I still think almost all the originals are better than what they played here. So now I've seen this a total of two times although I've heard it much more than that. Mainly, aside from Ringo, the guys look so trashy that I may as well just listen to the music on its own.

But that's not the point. Upon watching this again last week, I think I finally saw her scars for the first time! Supposedly, in Spa and Treatment it was just tape on her back but there is no way this cannot be the scar. Check it.
Attached Images
File Type: png scar.png (352.8 KB, 106 views)
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 07:51 PM   #46
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Mayonaka (along with Kuki and Tadashii Machi) is the single reason this dvd was needing to be released.
Old 2008.08.21, 08:06 PM   #47
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Maybe she covered her scars with tape :\?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 08:07 PM   #48
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Those other two were awesome but Mayonaka is best left alone, in my opinion.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2008.08.21 at 08:14 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 08:09 PM   #49
Tokyo Jihad

Old 2008.08.21, 08:20 PM   #50
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I have to agree that Mayonaka rocks on Electric Mole.

Hell, everything rocks on Electric Mole.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote